• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' tense atmosphere nearly included Pujols, Hunter fight in 2012

Scott34

Its still up in the air whether arte was the one who pulled the strings on wells. Theres a lot of evidence that he was. Theres also a lot of evidence that it was someone else.

I will say this. I've never read anything about napoli and moreno butting heads. I've also never read anything about past players calling out moreno.

Soooooooo...

Let me get this straight.

Author writes something negative (allegedly) about a negative situation...    LIES!  BLASPHEMY!  INSTIGATOR!  AVACADO!  ARSONIST!

Author writes something positive when we're in a positive situation...  

PULITZER!

It's the hypocrisy that actually lends credibility to the other side.

Dare I say that I agree with Austin. The Angels are a train wreck so journalists are finding ways to throw gas on the fire. This happened in 2012 and now it's coming out. I find the timing a bit suspect. Last year, along with this season, has been filled with frustration. I bet there were more flare ups in the clubhouse besides this one. But nobody would care if Macier tried to throw a punch at Iannetta

He did?

Torii has always been extremely passionate. It's just he never had a teammate like Pujols before. If this story is true, it's likely their egos clashed in a heat-of-the-moment thing. I would guess they were able to mend it at some point.

Agreed. Most sports teams, from high school to college, whatever, are gonna be filled with A type personalities. Two guys blowing up at each other is nothing new.

Tori was far from clutch when he was an Angel before his redhot second half in 2112. I am not so sure that talking to the media makes you a leader. Tori underperformed constantly until his hot exit. Tons of DPs. Homers. Swings when he only needed to put the ball in play. His defense in CF didn't scare anyone the last two years either. I am just not sure he had any room to talk about not performing.

So they (Albert the GM) chose not to re-sign Torii Hunter so problem solved. Right?

don't know if that's at me or not. If it is, no that's not the case. What I'm saying is its hardly unique. I fully believe pujols is a 'me first' type of guy, and that torii was probably far more liked.

The point I'm making is that weaver too is difficult to some some people. But the team has won consistently with him, as st lou did with pujols.

But pujols being a prick isn't affecting the sh*tty pitching or the injurt bug. Trout doesn't at all seem bothered by it.

Howie and aybar are about normal this year, etc.

I get the feeling the clubhouse isn't very close knit. I think its a combo of no true 'leader', sosh being tough on the players, and too many guys thrown together over the last few seasons.

That said, feom what little we know, puig seems to be a dick. Hanley is known as beinf a pouter. Grienke is known to be distant from his teammates. The blew seems to be doing fine though. (Although they were as bad as us when they had injuries.....)

And to clarify from my above post, I'm not at all calling weaver out. I've never heard anything feom any article saying he's not a good teammate. I think he's probably the closest thing to a leader the team has, and I'm sure the team probanly likes him.

I'm just saying he's an emotional guy, aand we've seen him get fired up and call his buddies out.

don't know if that's at me or not. If it is, no that's not the case. What I'm saying is its hardly unique. I fully believe pujols is a 'me first' type of guy, and that torii was probably far more liked.

The point I'm making is that weaver too is difficult to some some people. But the team has won consistently with him, as st lou did with pujols.

But pujols being a prick isn't affecting the sh*tty pitching or the injurt bug. Trout doesn't at all seem bothered by it.

Howie and aybar are about normal this year, etc.

I get the feeling the clubhouse isn't very close knit. I think its a combo of no true 'leader', sosh being tough on the players, and too many guys thrown together over the last few seasons.

That said, feom what little we know, puig seems to be a dick. Hanley is known as beinf a pouter. Grienke is known to be distant from his teammates. The blew seems to be doing fine though. (Although they were as bad as us when they had injuries.....)

This was not meant for you. I've met Torii and he's a great guy. I've met Albert and he's a #%&*ing jerk.  

Halo, I suppose it was three years ago they were taking the extra base on tori on balls up he middle. He was solid but not spectacular on defense as an Angel. Plus it seemed like he left way too many on base except of course the ones he eliminated with a ground ball.

the stuff among the players is just boys being boys. 

I don't think we can make any assumptions about leadership based on what is written here.  Snapshots are just that.  Everyone in the picture is smiling for the camera but in reality mom and dad are annoyed because one kid bit Mickey and the other just crapped their pants. 

I have no idea what kind of leader Albert is or was.  Maybe he was the go to guy in St. Louis and upon coming to the Angels suddenly became second fiddle to Torii.  Maybe that didn't sit well with him.  Maybe Torii is a bit of a psycho and hot head wanting to go to blows about every minor thing.  This team didn't win shit with Torii here.  Maybe Albert being annoyed about his performance even with a team win means he's a highly competitive professional athlete with a perfectionist mentality. 

The timing of this story, regardless of truth, is such to accomplish one goal - to whach the bee hive and it worked. 

If the team is winning, the players have passion and are coming together

If the team is losing, the same behavior is looked up as clubhouse dissent and a lack of leadership. 

As mentioned by many, the real concern is that regardless of sources being name or not, Arte was not painted in a very flattering light.  (As an aside, a writer agreeing not to name someone is commonplace  as to not burn them so they can be called upon later for additional info.  You can sheer a sheep a thousand times, but only skin them once.)

Again though, this appears to have been going on for years, but only when Rome is burning is the methodology called in to question. 

It does appear that even with partial truths and cherry picking of info and situations, the bottom line is that Arte has had a significant hand in the doing and undoing of this franchise and has considerable responsibility in regards to the mess they are in. 

My conclusion to all of this is that I, nor the rest of us have the first clue as to who's in charge, who's to blame for what, and what's the **** is going on with this franchise.