• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zimmerman/Martin Unrests

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-protesters-raid-la-store-stop-freeway-072536291.html

I just think it's sad that they are beginning to resort to this.  I'm not that far away from that area.  And the Black Community had a stigma about them and no national chains would want to service that area.  It took a lot of convincing, and guys like Magic Johnson to really step up and bring national chains like Wal Mart, TGI Fridays, fast food places, etc there.  

And now a few bad apples are again making the community look bad again.  

I was there a few months ago, at a Sears getting my battery changed.  There just happened to be a farmers market going on in the parking lot, so while waiting I checked it out.  It was a fairly small one, maybe 3 vegetable/fruit vendors.  I was talking with an elderly lady that was also looking around, and she said she was so happy that there was finally a farmers market in the neighborhood.  She said she had to rely on grocery store produce, and finally they had fresh stuff.  I told her about the other farmers markets in the area by my area, and she said it's too far for a lot of people in the community to get to.  

Just feel bad for them.  Because that area has come so far, and now it might stall again.

This kind of behavior just reinforces the stereotype they are trying to fight against.

Exactly.

I like that picture with the lady holding up the "Being black is not a crime" sign. Of course it's not. But looting and destroying property is.

Why is it you feel the Lakers or Kings winning a championship isn't a legit reason to riot.

Spoken like a true Canuck!  Just kidding (just laughing over how these "affable" Canadians lose all control when their Canuckleheads lose!

Tonight in Hollywood there was a group of 30-40 teenagers running around stealing purses and vandalizing things. Police arrested about a dozen of them but are still looking for ther suspects.

Those who are legitimately protesting have separated themselves from this unruly mob but are also speaking out that it needs to end.

Tonight in Hollywood there was a group of 30-40 teenagers running around stealing purses and vandalizing things. Police arrested about a dozen of them but are still looking for ther suspects.

Those who are legitimately protesting have separated themselves from this unruly mob but are also speaking out that it needs to end.

http://ktla.com/2013/07/17/police-hollywood-hit-by-roaming-band-of-robbers/#axzz2ZJjG2gvj

I'm not a big fan of the Nazi comparisons, but I can see where black americans could feel akin to that.

I couldn't imagine the frustration they feel.

Nazi comparisons are so ****ing lazy and insincere.  I think they're a sign of limited intelligence. 

As a Mathis supporter on this board, I felt like a Jew surrounded by Nazis. 

Maybe early Nazi Germany. Long before the concentration camps. When you were told not support Jewish businesses or Jews weren't allowed in certain places. Even then that's stretching it since slavery has been banned for almost 150 years and segregation for almost fifty. Like I said, it's an extreme stretch.