• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zimmerman/Martin Unrests

There's no reason to look up to Snoop. Although, I think Jay Z is one of the few who do make a difference. I know I look up to him from a business perspective, but don't know if most black people think about that aspect.

President of Def Jam, successful clothing line, successful restaurants, former NBA owner now turned sports agency.

I never liked his music, but respect business moguls. Hope people try to replicate his business savvy opposed to being hood rich.

Last week in Santa Clarita I saw a bunch of cop cars and I couldn't figure out why until I saw the group of about 30 Travn Martin protesters standing across the street from about 5 people holding up impeach Obama signs.

Both groups were undoubtedly morons.

The reason I mentioned Jay-Z is because he is a former drug dealer who has sold a lot of records glorifying said lifestyle. He also has stabbed a man in the stomach.

I have no problem with that. I'd just pick someone less constructive. I also am not sure about the stabbing. I don't doubt anything these days, but he was at the peak, peak and could easily hire some thug to poke some dude in a club.

That is the case throughout the country but it seems the comment is short sighted and ignores the long term ramifications that racism has caused in our society. Outside of Native Americans, no group has been more oppressed than blacks. While we have come a long way in racial equality, blacks are still left with the result of years of oppression. 

Meh, I don't buy the racism in 2013 line, but that's just me.  Blacks are still in the back of the bus, compared to many other minorities who never spoke the language... but their families did emphasize education and hard work.  Asians and indians and jews have moved ahead while the blacks are still complaining about racism.  Oh well.

That said, I did like this meme I saw on an angry black message board.

tumblr_lvonshU2mC1qkjb7ro1_400.jpg

There's no reason to look up to Snoop. Although, I think Jay Z is one of the few who do make a difference. I know I look up to him from a business perspective, but don't know if most black people think about that aspect.

President of Def Jam, successful clothing line, successful restaurants, former NBA owner now turned sports agency.

I never liked his music, but respect business moguls. Hope people try to replicate his business savvy opposed to being hood rich.

Snoop is President of Priority Records now and actually does quite a bit with urban youths. He is far from that hood rich mentality. However, these guys made a choice based on money while other artists choose to deliver a positive message and are willing to sacrifice some of the fame and money.