• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

Hi,

My name is Bill and I'm brand new to this forum.  I've been an Angels fan my entire life.  My grandmother's sister worked at the Big A in the early seventies to the late nineties in one of the concession stands and she regularly brought all of us to games.  Her husband also used to be responsible for releasing doves during some of the games (he did the same thing at Disneyland).  Very happy to be here and thanks for having me.  My son and wife got luck below for a Trout selfie...

Can't wait for this season!

unnamed (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Bill Bauwens said:

Hi,

My name is Bill and I'm brand new to this forum.  I've been an Angels fan my entire life.  My grandmother's sister worked at the Big A in the early seventies to the late nineties in one of the concession stands and she regularly brought all of us to games.  Her husband also used to be responsible for releasing doves during some of the games (he did the same thing at Disneyland).  Very happy to be here and thanks for having me.  My son and wife got luck below for a Trout selfie...

unnamed (1).jpg

Awesome. Welcome to AW, @Bill Bauwens. Glad to have you here. 

Announcing a name change for a long-time member.  I've been "HaloFromVegas" around here since the start of this board, well into the history of the old board, and hell even back to the ESPN board where so many of us first got acquainted.  But the truth is I've been living a lie.  For the last 2+ years, I've been "HaloFromVegas" posting from... Kentucky, of all places.  I moved here in 2015 to serve as Director of the Kentucky Legislature.  Still an Angels fan, still a regular lurker around here.  I'm a believer in the "quality not quantity" school of posting, and I have been frequently mistaken for Vegas Halo Fan (who it turns out believes in the "quantity and also quality" school of posting...)  I'm a veteran of three AngelsWin Fanfests and sightings of the old AngelsWin inside joke "... is and idoit" still makes me chuckle.  One of my proudest moments came when I received an email from Jerry DiPoto, and my wife keeps a picture of her and Kole Calhoun on her nightstand (he's on her "freebie list" if she ever gets the chance). 

I'm happy to be liberated from my shameful lie and will be posting as a proud (adoptive) Kentucky boy going forward.  My office overlooks the central rotunda of the Kentucky Capitol, so look me up if you ever find yourself in Frankfort.

On January 3, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Bill Bauwens said:

Hi,

unnamed (1).jpg

Great pic

For those who don't know, Bill's son is in the Federal Witness Protection Program. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been an Angels fan my whole life and went to my first Angels game in 2002 as an 11 year old kid. Saw them play the Indians and we got beat pretty badly. Our pitcher got lit up (I think it was Washburn), there was an Eckstein error and a monster Jim Thome home run. Although I always considered myself an Angels fan, that 2002 season was the first season as a kid where I sat down almost every night that I could to watch the Angels or listen to them on the radio. As you could imagine, it was quite a magical first full season to witness.

I've been lurking this board almost every single day for close to 13 years now and I just figured that maybe it was time to consider joining the fun.

19 minutes ago, OK-LA Angels said:

Hello,

I've been an Angels fan my whole life and went to my first Angels game in 2002 as an 11 year old kid. Saw them play the Indians and we got beat pretty badly. Our pitcher got lit up (I think it was Washburn), there was an Eckstein error and a monster Jim Thome home run. Although I always considered myself an Angels fan, that 2002 season was the first season as a kid where I sat down almost every night that I could to watch the Angels or listen to them on the radio. As you could imagine, it was quite a magical first full season to witness.

I've been lurking this board almost every single day for close to 13 years now and I just figured that maybe it was time to consider joining the fun.

@OK-LA Angels, WELCOME! 

Glad you decided to finally join in on the discussions here. Gosh, 2002 seems so long ago, doesn't it? Let's best the Astros and the rest of the league and get back to the series! 

Cheers! :5252:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CubsFan said:

Cubs fan.

Waiting on Ohtani.

Love Disneyland and California Adventure.

Boo to Farrell's for getting rid of the siren and drums.

Welcome! My family hails from Elgin (several generations); but I'm a first generation SoCal. My father was a die-hard Cubs fan, so when after coming to California in the 50's he soon adopted the Angels (something about 'loveable losers' gets under your skin). Sadly, he didn't live to see either team win a World Series.

PS - Keep waiting :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, Fish Oil said:

My name is Gary, born in 59, and I've been an Angel fan since they started. Go Gene Autry!!!!!

I'm a senior source inspector with SpaceX so if anyone would like to nominate a fellow board member to be shipped off on a one-way trip to Mars let me know.

welcome aboard, gary. as more people discover what you do and the offer you've made, expect your in-box to get a lot of activity, especially after our first two-game losing streak.

Hi everyone!

Another new Angels fan due to Ohtani, but don't worry I will not be an annoying fan boy that just roots for one guy. 

I'm from Canada and grew up watching the Expos and Blue Jays; been to many live games at Olympic Stadium, old Exhibition stadium in Toronto and of course, the Skydome.  I basically flunked an entire university semester in the early 90s due to watching every single Blue Jays game down the stretch during exams, it was worth it as they took home the title in 92 and 93 :)   

My recollection of the Angels have been with Rod Carew, Wally Joyner, Jim Abbott and then Jim Edmonds .  I've also been used to the California and Anaheim Angels, didn't even realized that they changed their city to L.A. until now lol.

I'm liking what I see from this Angels crew, they all seem like really good guys and very supportive of Ohtani despite him garnering much of the attention. The Angels bats look pretty good to me thus far, as for the pitching depth that remains to be seen.  This should be a very fun season to watch!  Let's go L.A. Angels!

OK so I have a few noob questions for you guys, having checked out of baseball for quite sometime now, with the exception of watching Blue Jays playoff run a few years back. 

- Mike Trout.  He seems to be the best production player in baseball right now? I've heard a lot about Bryce Harper who's a year younger and later into the league but Trout seems to have the better numbers overall.  Altuve seems to be the hot guy over the past few years but he's a bit smaller and  not so much a power hitter right?

- So we all know that the Dodgers have always been one of the biggest market teams in baseball.  If we were to compare the Angels to the Dodgers, would it be fair to say that the Angels are like the Brooklyn Nets or L.A. Clippers of the NBA compared to their bigger brothers?  Maybe this is finally the time where the Angels can gain much ground on the Dodgers in terms of popularity and market size?  What about salary cap, ast I checked, baseball isn't a fair sport in this regard where teams like the Yankees or Dodgers could have an unfair advantage to how much they can pay their roster.  How do the Angels stack up in terms of overall salary and revenue?

- It's great to see changes to baseball that weren't there years ago.  These new stats are weird to me, OBP, OPS? I'm glad that not everything is based on batting average where guys like Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn got all the credit for being the best batters in baseball.  *They were great players, not trying to take anything away but these new stats are pretty interesting.

- The square graphic in the batters box with the pitch speed is pretty darn cool, when did they start doing this? I notice this is only some broadcasts but I like it!  

That's all I got for now....thx.