• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

Finally registering today after lurking all the Cole threads for the last three months.  Time to de-lurk, commiserate, and convince myself, "yeah, running Dylan Bundy out there in a winner-take-all wild card game isn't that bad".

Greetings from Hillsboro, Oregon.  Yes, that is Jack Lazorko making a kick save (and a beauty) in the avatar.

3 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Finally registering today after lurking all the Cole threads for the last three months.  Time to de-lurk, commiserate, and convince myself, "yeah, running Dylan Bundy out there in a winner-take-all wild card game isn't that bad".

Greetings from Hillsboro, Oregon.  Yes, that is Jack Lazorko making a kick save (and a beauty) in the avatar.

Welcome to AngelsWin.com, @Lazorko Saves

A few things. Hillsboro, OR. That's where my dad lived for years as he worked at the Intel plant there for two decades before he passed in 2008. Very familiar with the area (I'm in North Bend, WA). 

Love the name! Lazorko! I'm guessing just a 1/3 of our members here remember Jack Lazorko. 

Lastly, you're atop the leaderboard for the fastest to register and subscribe to our premium membership! Lifetime membership at that. Thanks a bunch for supporting AW.com and please let any of us know if you need anything! 🙏

• Chuck featured this topic
11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@CoolOutB I was wondering what happened to you. 

Super stoked you're back! 

How have you been? What's new? 

@Chuckster70

Beyond stoked to be here! 

Been blessed. New? Wheeew where to begin. A lot of things. Divorced. Raised both the girls primarily. They’re both in college now. After a while of self improving, Found a new partner, engaged, have another daughter (14 months), inherited 2 boys (11&9). Work is steady. Still live in Ca unfortunately, lol. And still make it to enough games to feel the burn of not winning. 

You know, life giving us a hand to see what we can make from it. 

How about you?

BTW. I’m genuinely content your grandson has been able to get through the challenges. You always have been a good dude to me, so you and yours always in my prayers. 

Thanks for this site C. 

21 hours ago, Ceramic said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum. It is great to talk about the Angels! I lived in NY to go to school when the angels won in 2002. It was so satisfying to see them beat the yankees in the playoffs before 2009.

Welcome to AW. 

By any chance, did you go to Hofstra?

New to the forum and appreciate the invite by Chuck.  I'm long time Angels fan with earliest memories going to games during '77-'78 seasons with Joe Rudi, Frank Tanana, Nolan Ryan, and company.  My father and I were both die hard fans of the Angels while my younger brother latched on to the Cubs for some reason.  Grew up in Laguna Hills, spent many March weekends with my family as at Angel Stadium (at the Polo Grounds) in Palm Springs during 70's/80's.  After moving out in the 90's, dad, brother, and I continued our spring training traditions with road trips to Tempe.  We did that even after my dad was diagnosed with ALS in '99 all the way through '02 spring training.  Celebrated Angels title with my dad in '02 and he passed away the following February.

I consider myself an Angels apologist so you can throw garbage at me and I'm recycle it into some form of optimism for the club.  You can follow me on Twitter @_HaloLife where I share my thoughts as well as my writing and weekly Angels blogs at www.primetimesportstalk.com.  I'll be sure to begin posting my weekly updates here as well.  Excited to be part of AngelsWin.com community moving forward.

#LTBU #GoHalos

Angels Fan Forever,

B.J.

6 hours ago, B.J. Martin said:

New to the forum and appreciate the invite by Chuck.  I'm long time Angels fan with earliest memories going to games during '77-'78 seasons with Joe Rudi, Frank Tanana, Nolan Ryan, and company.  My father and I were both die hard fans of the Angels while my younger brother latched on to the Cubs for some reason.  Grew up in Laguna Hills, spent many March weekends with my family as at Angel Stadium (at the Polo Grounds) in Palm Springs during 70's/80's.  After moving out in the 90's, dad, brother, and I continued our spring training traditions with road trips to Tempe.  We did that even after my dad was diagnosed with ALS in '99 all the way through '02 spring training.  Celebrated Angels title with my dad in '02 and he passed away the following February.

I consider myself an Angels apologist so you can throw garbage at me and I'm recycle it into some form of optimism for the club.  You can follow me on Twitter @_HaloLife where I share my thoughts as well as my writing and weekly Angels blogs at www.primetimesportstalk.com.  I'll be sure to begin posting my weekly updates here as well.  Excited to be part of AngelsWin.com community moving forward.

#LTBU #GoHalos

Angels Fan Forever,

B.J.

@B.J. Martin welcome! Happy to have another pro team guy here! 

Thank you for sharing your story. We both became fans around the same time. 

Feel free to share your articles on the main forum page here and hit me up if you have any questions. 

Go Angels!! 

10 hours ago, B.J. Martin said:

#LTBU #GoHalos

Angels Fan Forever,

B.J.

We cannot choose our family. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we were invited to join a couple months ago, but we're a bunch of lazy bums and are just now joining in. My name is Derek. I run the Angels' podcast "Talkin' Halos' with John, Jared, and Brock. I've been an Angels fan for over 30 years, including watching the World Series while serving in the Navy and overseas deployed in Naples, Italy. Getting up at 1:00 am to watch the games was worth every minute. Today, I'm a school teacher and podcaster, but I'm most proud that I'm raising my daughters to be an Angels (and Rams) fan. You can follow the podcast @TalkinHalos and me @dciapala on Twitter. We're also on facebook with a page and group, but no one seems to care about facebook anymore. Thanks for having me.

1 hour ago, TalkinHalos said:

Well, we were invited to join a couple months ago, but we're a bunch of lazy bums and are just now joining in. My name is Derek. I run the Angels' podcast "Talkin' Halos' with John, Jared, and Brock. I've been an Angels fan for over 30 years, including watching the World Series while serving in the Navy and overseas deployed in Naples, Italy. Getting up at 1:00 am to watch the games was worth every minute. Today, I'm a school teacher and podcaster, but I'm most proud that I'm raising my daughters to be an Angels (and Rams) fan. You can follow the podcast @TalkinHalos and me @dciapala on Twitter. We're also on facebook with a page and group, but no one seems to care about facebook anymore. Thanks for having me.

I’ve listened a couple of times. Welcome. 

32 minutes ago, TalkinHalos said:

Thanks, I hope it didn't suck!

I’d rather listen to you guys than Sports Lodge (that might be damning with faint praise, tho). 

I don't listen to podcasts much, but enjoyed listening to you guys. I think it was after Cole signed and Jared was saying it’s good for baseball for the Yankees to be good. Fortunately, one of you (forget who - maybe both?) told him where to stick that notion. Leastways, that’s how I remember it. So you guys are winners in my book. 

12 hours ago, TalkinHalos said:

you're a buckeye? you're immediately my favorite poster here.

O-H!