• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone-

I'm a 47 year old guy that grew up on the Dodgers, but have made my way to the Angels camp. I was born in Hollywood and grew up in Glendale playing ball. But I've been following pretty much only hockey for the past couple of decades (LA Kings).  

This past year my son and I started going to our local CCL team games (Healdsburg Prune Packers; been around off and on since 1921), and now I'm hooked again on baseball. And then I started researching the Angels and discovered that they were actually not only the original LA team (since 1892), but also the only team indigenous to CA. All these years I never knew. I don't think most casual Dodgers fans (like me) these days do.

So here I am. 

10 hours ago, lunchbox said:

Hi everyone-

I'm a 47 year old guy that grew up on the Dodgers, but have made my way to the Angels camp. I was born in Hollywood and grew up in Glendale playing ball. But I've been following pretty much only hockey for the past couple of decades (LA Kings).  

This past year my son and I started going to our local CCL team games (Healdsburg Prune Packers; been around off and on since 1921), and now I'm hooked again on baseball. And then I started researching the Angels and discovered that they were actually not only the original LA team (since 1892), but also the only team indigenous to CA. All these years I never knew. I don't think most casual Dodgers fans (like me) these days do.

So here I am. 

welcome aboard, lunchbox. you live in healdsburg? i'm a teacher and did part of my student teaching there.

11 hours ago, lunchbox said:

Hi everyone-

So here I am. 

Most Angels fans don't know that either.

Welcome to AW.

Prune Packers?  I have to get a hat! 

lol...there used to be a lot of prune and hops farms around here. Now it's vineyards and weed.

My son and I walk about 4 blocks to Recreation Park for the $5 games. It's BYOB. The stands have been there since 1921. Really cool little park to see a game and has that old time feel.

http://www.prunepackers.org/about-us.html 

1923 team:

8945158_orig.png

My name is Mark, born in 57, moved to OC in 62. Went to my first game September 5th, 1966. Been a fan ever since. I picked Enberg as my handle, since I grew up listening to him every night on the radio. One of the best memories I'll ever have!

I realized what a great announcer Enberg was, right after he moved on from the Halos in the late 70's and the Halos rolled out Bob Starr...Enough said!

Best memory, 86 play-offs. Game 5. Father was tied into the city of Anaheim and we were guest in the City of Anaheims booth right next to the press box. Heart broken, but still the most emotional game i have ever watched! F*cking DeCinces! 

• 1 month later...

My name is Shohei Ohtani, and I am from Oshu, Japan. I recently signed with the Angels and wanted to introduce myself to the true fans.

But in all seriousness, my name is Casey and I'm a 15-year-old from Indiana. I've grown up a Red Sox fan among Reds fans, and I became an Angels fan around 2013 (Seems a little weird since that's when the Sox last won the WS). 

5 hours ago, popo85 said:

New here didn't find out about the site til 2 weeks ago, i remember Vladdy27 from Prosportsdaily. Trout was a rook when we used to post there. Angel fan since 93'  age 8 growing up in LA got crap from friends who didn't even watch baseball or have any knowledge but supported Dodgers 

Welcome to AngelsWin.com! I posted a few times at Prosportsdaily as well. Cannot remember my handle though. Could have been Chuckyy

42 minutes ago, Shohei Ohtani said:

My name is Shohei Ohtani, and I am from Oshu, Japan. I recently signed with the Angels and wanted to introduce myself to the true fans.

But in all seriousness, my name is Casey and I'm a 15-year-old from Indiana. I've grown up a Red Sox fan among Reds fans, and I became an Angels fan around 2013 (Seems a little weird since that's when the Sox last won the WS). 

We always welcome new fans! Hop on the bandwagon and enjoy the website. 

Let us know if you have any questions. See ya on the board. 

New to this forum, and I'm not sure why it took me so long to join an Angels message board!

I've been attending 20+ Angel home games every year for 30+ yrs and watch every game religiously.

It's been such an amazing off-season and it's surrounded the team with an optimism we haven't seen in awhile.  Eppler's done a fantastic job of making this team competitive around Trout, and he did so without depleting what's been a pretty thin farm system the last few years.  And I mention Trout specifically, because Eppler needs to do everything in his power to resign Trout and make sure he retires as an Angel.  He's a once in a generation talent and I'd hate to see him in anything but Halo Red.  So, Eppler needs to build a team to compete now, but without sacrificing the future, and I think he's done a fantastic job so far.

Looking forward to interacting with some fellow Angel fans!

• 2 weeks later...