• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig again

The hype isn't just about his numbers, which have been nothing short of incredible for a rookie in his first month, but it's the way he plays the game too.  His reckless style of play is what's adding to the hype.  People thought Harper and Trout played hard on every play, but this kid is on a different level when he's out there.

Puig has been a beadt so far, no doubt. I pulled up his numbers on fangraphs, and compared hin to vlad (reminds me of him). The walk rate has already been mentioned (and I think will be a telling sign in the future).

The main thing (to me) is his babip. That and his out of zone swings. His babip is over .500...that's not going to last. Hes making contact and driving the ball, but its gonna be interesting to see if he's able to adjust (patience) whwn the hits stop falling.

Whoever mentioned cespedes above makes a good point.

Also almost made a ridiculous catch, but the ball hit the top of his glove. He was slapping the ground and throwing his glove around like a little kid after.

BTW I would never choose to watch Dodger Baseball, it was on the TV in the bar at BJ's.

They seem to be on tv all the time. I've watched a lot of his mishaps in the outfield too. He kicked a ball out into the stands just the other day. They will show him after and he stomps around throwing a fit for a few mins after his mistakes.

Looks like Puig's true colors are starting to show.

1. Luis Gonzalez (who has family from Cuba) went up to Puig and introduced himself in spanish. Puig ignored him. McGwire saw what happened and instructed Puig to show some respect and apologize.

2. Last night Puig's shows his arrogance by nodding his head in disgust for a third ball that went into the dirt. On ball 4, he glances at the pitcher then nods his head again walking to first.

3. After blowing through the 3B coach's stop sign, he was a dead duck heading for Miguel Montero. As Miguel went to apply the tag, Puig shoves his forearm into the chest of Miguel. Miguel holds onto to the ball then wags his finger at Puig. What I find completely BS is that the Dodgers in turn intentionally BEANED Miguel on his very next AB. This whole bean war thing is getting old and now Puig feels justified.

If the Dodgers don't reel this guy in, he will be cancer in the clubhouse. He's hitting .400 and already gets pissy when he doesn't get a hit. Just wait til he goes into a slump...which will happen.

Looks like Puig's true colors are starting to show.

1. Luis Gonzalez (who has family from Cuba) went up to Puig and introduced himself in spanish. Puig ignored him. McGwire saw what happened and instructed Puig to show some respect and apologize.

2. Last night Puig's shows his arrogance by nodding his head in disgust for a third ball that went into the dirt. On ball 4, he glances at the pitcher then nods his head again walking to first.

3. After blowing through the 3B coach's stop sign, he was a dead duck heading for Miguel Montero. As Miguel went to apply the tag, Puig shoves his forearm into the chest of Miguel. Miguel holds onto to the ball then wags his finger at Puig. What I find completely BS is that the Dodgers in turn intentionally BEANED Miguel on his very next AB. This whole bean war thing is getting old and now Puig feels justified.

If the Dodgers don't reel this guy in, he will be cancer in the clubhouse. He's hitting .400 and already gets pissy when he doesn't get a hit. Just wait til he goes into a slump...which will happen.

The one with Luis Gonzales is particularly annoying. He definitely seems like he has a bad attitude. I really dislike players like that.