• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig again

I have only watched maybe three of his at bats and one of those was a Home Run. I would put him in the All Star game, well I would make him one of the five that you vote for at the end. Fans would enjoy watching him battle Verlander and the like.

Don't think he should be on the All Star team with five weeks of production (four so far), but I think he'll be in the fan vote and win in a landslide.  His walk rate is alarming, but it was decent in his short stint in the minors. We'll see. 

MLB history is littered with players that played over their heads when they came up, but got figured out.  Cespedes has taken a huge dive this year.   

Puig & DiMaggio are only players in MLB history with at least 40 hits & 4 home runs in their first calendar month in the majors.

Yasiel Puig hits a double, he's now 4-for-4 and now has 44 hits this month, the most ever by a Dodgers rookie in one month.

I have only watched maybe three of his at bats and one of those was a Home Run. I would put him in the All Star game, well I would make him one of the five that you vote for at the end. Fans would enjoy watching him battle Verlander and the like.

I agree, but would add the Verlander does not deserve to be in it this year.

After today his BABIP is .500.

He's going to be good, but he's basically been the luckiest SOB in baseball for this entire month.

I think both of his singles were infield singles to the 3B that the horribly inept Michael Young couldn't field. One of them was a rocket though, but the other was just a funky bounce. His triple was a jam shot popup to RF that dropped in between the defenders and just trickled by. His double was the only real solid hit of the day for him

Everything is going his way right now. Pretty remarkable

ESPN's summary:

Since being called up, Puig leads the majors with 44 hits in that span, while 
leading the National League with a .436 batting average and a .467 on-base 
percentage.  Puig is also ranked in the top three in home runs (seven), runs 
(19), slugging percentage (.713) and total bases (72).

It's a staggering debut that has been rivaled in the history of baseball by only one man -- Joe DiMaggio.

That is pretty effing amazing.   Yap, let it continue for a whole year.

But it's damn amazing in the moment.

The sad part is not since Vladdy and Trout have I not wanted to miss an at bat.   Or maybe the happy part.

LOL at Raviner fans

Please look at the total resume of a player before annointing Puig > Trout.

Would I have loved to see Puig signed instead of Hamilton?    Yes, but he isn't Mike Trout.

In the meantime though, I am putting the Hackilton moniker on the DL, hopefully for the rest of the season. 

Over a full season, he would be on a pace to hit 44 HR and drive in 100, both impressive numbers but hardly earthshaking.

Where he is really sizzling is in hits and total bases. He's on a 162-game pace for 274 hits and 449 total bases. The hits would be an all-time record, and he would have the 3rd best single-season record all-time for total bases. He won't get those records, though, as he missed the first two months of the season.

Oh, and a .436 batting average, which is unsustainable.

This sucks because normally i would be enjoying someone playing at such a level, but the fact he is on the dodgers makes me hope Puigs success if just as tempest as Vernon Wells was at the beginning of this year. Can't stand to see dodgers fans gloat

I love Puig mania... it's good for baseball.  That being said, someone asked "how long can he keep this up?"  The answer is up until the ink is dry from him signing a ten year, bazillion dollar contact ;)