• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Angels Look to Trade Raisel Iglesias?

BTH

He’s owed 3/$48M after this season for his age 33, 34, and 35 seasons.

The Angels would probably be better off re-allocating that $16M AAV, especially since they already have $14M in AAV tied up between Loup and Tepera (who likely don’t have trade value).

The value would mainly lie in freeing up the money to make the team more well-rounded, but it’s possible they could get a useful piece in return.

While Iglesias has a high ERA, his peripherals are still very good (3.21 FIP, 2.71 xFIP, 12.94 K/9) and he has a very good career track record. Closers are always in demand, so I’d imagine there’d be interest.

I don’t think the Angels are going to “rebuild”. . .

So if they trade him, it would have to be for someone that can help them next year.  This seems unlikely.

Further, the Angels will need a close next year so if they trade him they just add to their offseason list of things they will need to accomplish.

I am not “against” trading him, but it is a bit hard for me to envision exactly how trading him will align with what the team needs to do to be playoff bound next year.

9 hours ago, thebloob said:

The problem is not should they trade him but is it worth it right now.  He is pitching terribly and has a big contract, who would give up anything for him right now, that’s selling at the low point.  At best the Angels would have to pick up a significant amount of his contract.  

I don’t want the Angels to have players that are pitching terribly on the roster so trade him. Even if you aren’t getting much in return. I do think his potential will net them someone decent though 

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t want the Angels to have players that are pitching terribly on the roster so trade him. Even if you aren’t getting much in return. I do think his potential will net them someone decent though 

This is how the Angels acquired him cheaply.  He will figure it out with proper coaching and data analysis.  You could ask if those two things exist with the Angels.  I suspect that is the issue and not the player.

18 minutes ago, eligrba said:

This is how the Angels acquired him cheaply.  He will figure it out with proper coaching and data analysis.  You could ask if those two things exist with the Angels.  I suspect that is the issue and not the player.

This is a possibility 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t think the Angels are going to “rebuild”. . .

So if they trade him, it would have to be for someone that can help them next year.  This seems unlikely.

Further, the Angels will need a close next year so if they trade him they just add to their offseason list of things they will need to accomplish.

I am not “against” trading him, but it is a bit hard for me to envision exactly how trading him will align with what the team needs to do to be playoff bound next year.

Angels are so far from a playoff team. After 7 losing seasons halos need a new direction.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels are so far from a playoff team. After 7 losing seasons halos need a new direction.

You are one million percent wrong.  The team is really not far off PROVIDED THEY DECIDE TO COMMIT THE MONEY NECESSARY to add what they need.  This team could be really good with a couple of high end starters and an offensively productive shortstop.

The question is if they see it this way or if they agree with you that they want to try to build a whole new team at a lower cost with that process very likely taking many years.  I see no reason, at all, to go this route verus spending some money to fill the holes that need to be filled and trying to win with Trout/Ohtani/Rendon/etc.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Early in the year it was just pitch location, it was a player issue.  He was supposed to go soft and away twice (at least that was where the catcher was set up), and both pitches went soft and on the inner third. I haven’t paid enough attention lately to know what the problem was when he recently shit the bed. I would completely agree it is an organization issue if they were telling him to throw soft and in and he got beat.  But when he misses by 12 inches with a change up to a left handed hitter, that is on him.