• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Amazon just finished filming the first full season of The Man In The High Castle. I will be watching (free preview of first two episodes this weekend: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_1767670_153737520_pe_hero_image?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00RSI5EHQ&pldnSite=1&redirect=true )

Just watched the first episode. It is an interesting premise. I do wish the background / music levels didn't overwhelm the dialog so often. 3.5/5

The Martian - 4.5 Trouts out of 5.  Loved the book, loved the movie just as much.  Matt Damon was a good choice for the lead role.

Legends, season 1 - 3 dead Sean Beans out of 5.  Nothing original or too shocking, and too much of a reliance on hand-of-god technology saving the day.  Entertaining but forgettable.  Sean Bean.  He's the low-rent Liam Neeson.  Edit: note that there are characters in the show named Crystal Quest and Troy Quinn.  That tells you something about the show.

Edited by Glen

Just started watching season 2 of Fargo....looks like it is going to be a gooder. If you haven't watched season 1, I would suggest you do so.

I'm going to do that soon. Season 1 was great. I really wondered how they were going to pull off a series based on that movie, but they sure did.

The Martian - 4.5 Trouts out of 5.  Loved the book, loved the movie just as much.  Matt Damon was a good choice for the lead role.

Legends, season 1 - 3 dead Sean Beans out of 5.  Nothing original or too shocking, and too much of a reliance on hand-of-god technology saving the day.  Entertaining but forgettable.  Sean Bean.  He's the low-rent Liam Neeson.  Edit: note that there are characters in the show named Crystal Quest and Troy Quinn.  That tells you something about the show.

The Martian was fantastic, even the wife loved it. The parts they cut from the book, took nothing away from the movie at all, and you are right, Matt Damon was perfect for the part.

Got episodes 1-2 of Fargo in this weekend.

Looks good so far.

FX is doing some good stuff. Did anyone else watch "The Bridge"?

I really dug that show...so much so I went and watched to Swedish version too. It was so well done.

Of course it got xled. Still bummed about that.

The Martian was fantastic, even the wife loved it. The parts they cut from the book, took nothing away from the movie at all, and you are right, Matt Damon was perfect for the part.

Same thing for us.  Loved the book, really enjoyed the movie and yes, Damon was a solid choice.

Loved that the kept the LOTR references in there.

Sitting here right now watching ESPN Deportes 'The Clemente Effect" about the life of Roberto Clemente.(Youtube)

Spanish and English with subtitles, but if you have only heard of Roberto Clemente or "Momen" (his lifelong nickname, short for Momentito)...well worth the hour.

I am reading " Clemente "

The passion and grace of baseballs last hero

By David Maraniss

There is so much to know about his life. I remember watching him play, and I'm really glad I have taken the time to learn more about him.

"It Follows"

A horror movie which has crazy high ratings, 96% on rotten tomatoes.

It was pretty lame.

But not fun, campy good horror movie kind of lame.

Just... lame.

Aesthetically it was great, so they spent plenty of money on a cinematographer.

But on the whole we were kind of waiting for it to get going, and then it ended.

discovered we have a new channel in our lineup called Audience. they show reruns of NYPD Blue, and i watched three of them yesterday. 

for being 20 + years old, that show has held up remarkably well.

andy sipowicz is pretty much my favorite tv character. dennis franz played him perfectly.

discovered we have a new channel in our lineup called Audience. they show reruns of NYPD Blue, and i watched three of them yesterday. 

for being 20 + years old, that show has held up remarkably well.

andy sipowicz is pretty much my favorite tv character. dennis franz played him perfectly.

Agree. A few years back one of our channels was running the entire series. I tried to watch as many as I could even though I have seen them before..