• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Did you or anyone else on here watch the game?  I'm curious how he looked tonight.  I see that he gave up a bunch of hits again, but didn't walk anyone, so that's baby steps at least!

I did not.  His final line looked just okay.  I think he still projects as a reliever, but I think they're giving him every chance to try to pan out as a SP.  

Even if he doesn't, I think both Bush and Silseth look like good bets to help fill out the rotation. If we (HOPEFULLY) re-sign Ohtani, then that should give us a possible core of Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez, Bush, Silseth.  If Bachman ends up becoming a high leverage reliever, I think that'll be an okay outcome, given we need those kinds of players too.

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Did you or anyone else on here watch the game?  I'm curious how he looked tonight.  I see that he gave up a bunch of hits again, but didn't walk anyone, so that's baby steps at least!

I watched bits and pieces.

Wasn’t perfect, but it seemed like his velo (93-94) held throughout the 6 innings, which is good (even though it’s still down from his velo last season)

I wonder which players the Angels will send to the Arizona fall league. It’s coming up in a few weeks, I believe, but the rosters haven’t yet been announced.

If I had to guess, I’d say:

Position Players: Werner Blakely, Logan O’Hoppe, and Livan Soto.

Pitchers: Ivan Armstrong Aaron Hernandez, Kolton Ingram, and Jake Lee.

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Guys, I have a set list of questions I'm asking the Trash Pandas this weekend in round two of a sweep of interviews for the website, what would your specific questions be for the likes of O'Hoppe, Bachman, Silseth, Paris, Jackson, Bush and Sum Yum Gui that I may be missing here?

Oooh. Damn.

You should create a thread for that IMO. That's a pretty big deal.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It didn't make it through the translation, but both times he was asked about his off-season and future plans he basically said "after we get our rings this season"...  Basically he was speaking very positively about the 66ers postseason hopes.  Its pretty cool to see a guy speak with that sort of confidence.  He was also very clear that while he considers himself a good catcher, he's no where near satisfied with where he is defensively and stated he knows the areas he needs to work on.  

Kid comes across like a hard worker/straight shooter.... There wasn't any real effort to say the right things, he was very straightforward, very concise. 

From zero C prospects to two .... Not too bad.

Maitan is catching now? Damn.

20 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Fixed (thanks TDawg)

It didn't make it through the translation, but both times he was asked about his off-season and future plans he basically said "after we get our rings this season"...  Basically he was speaking very positively about the 66ers postseason hopes.  Its pretty cool to see a guy speak with that sort of confidence.  He was also very clear that while he considers himself a good catcher, he's no where near satisfied with where he is defensively and stated he knows the areas he needs to work on.  

Kid comes across like a hard worker/straight shooter.... There wasn't any real effort to say the right things, he was very straightforward, very concise. 

From zero C prospects to two .... Not too bad.

(Also, FU, TDawg)

7 hours ago, Trendon said:

I wonder which players the Angels will send to the Arizona fall league. It’s coming up in a few weeks, I believe, but the rosters haven’t yet been announced.

If I had to guess, I’d say:

Position Players: Werner Blakely, Logan O’Hoppe, and Livan Soto.

Pitchers: Ivan Armstrong Aaron Hernandez, Kolton Ingram, and Jake Lee.

Maybe Bachman?

A few things;

1. O'hoppe looks like a full time MLB ready player! He has 20+ 340+ OBP potential! my concern with him will be the outer half of the strike and his pull happy swing. But no shift next season so should help. I think he's up next year. 

2. Thaiss, Wouldn't consider him a prospect anymore, but he should be in a platnoon catching role with Stassi next season. He can be the backup catcher and also play backup 3rd/1st if need to. 

3. Stefanic, I would love for him to finish the year in the line-up and see how he does. 

Pitching side;

1. Silseth finish the season on the Major league, but his innings are monitored. 

2. Murphy and Torres finish the season in the Bullpen

3. Daniel Davis finally get the chance to start and finsihes the season in the MLB. 

5. Bush and Bachman, I keep in the minors, and prepare them for next season.