• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Defensive numbers in the minors in general are a crap shoot.  There are a lot of iffy fields and sometimes lighting conditions, I remember people thought Aybar was a defensive butcher because he had at least 32 errors at every stop between Low A and AA but it was mostly a case of him getting to balls other guys couldn't touch and some really hilarious bad hops.  That said, he absolutely needs more time.  You can see him rushing defensively and his walk rate is atrocious (under 5%), and he's sporting a Babip near .400.   

For now everyone should just be pleased he's showing he can handle AA pitching and is closer to being MLB ready than even the biggest optimist had reasons to believe.  It's going to be interesting to see how they handle Neto and some of the other position player draftees once the season ends given their league assignments and the playing time they have seen -- the instructs may be hopping.

loving his bat to ball skills for sure.  To go from lesser competition to AA and have that kind of early success is pretty impressive.  But yeah.  He needs more time for sure.  Minasian isn't afraid to be aggressive but I'd prefer to give him at least another full season and perhaps even half or more of 2024.  I know he'll be up before that though.  

3 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

loving his bat to ball skills for sure.  To go from lesser competition to AA and have that kind of early success is pretty impressive.  But yeah.  He needs more time for sure.  Minasian isn't afraid to be aggressive but I'd prefer to give him at least another full season and perhaps even half or more of 2024.  I know he'll be up before that though.  

Yeah.  The current group at AA - I look at them more along the lines of potentially being regular, solid contributors by 2024.  I would assume the majority of them will spend 2023 mainly in AAA, with some graduating to the majors by the end of 2023 to start getting some reps and MLB experience.

Bush, Neto, O'Hoppe, Paris, et al - I am hopeful a lot of these guys will be solid 2024 contributors for the team.  The one who I assume would be on a more accelerated timeline would be Silseth, given he already had a few starts already, and perhaps some of the relievers (Joyce, Murphy, Torres, etc).

Still - there are reasons to be optimistic about the future of this team, as there are some pretty nifty prospects who aren't too far away.  

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Neto up to .898 OPS with the Trash Pandas over 106 PAs, seems really comfortable at the plate and in the field?

O’Hoppe after 102 PAs with them:

.299/.481/.675/1.156, 9 HRs, 28 rbis, 25/19 BBs/Ks

Johnny Bench type numbers

@Angel Oracle, your post made it to Twitter and the fans there liked it. 

48 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

After starting tonight's game 0 for 2, DiChiara is now hitting .198 with 46 K in 96 AB.  Aside from a hot first week, he really hasn't done much at all.  1 HR and 2 2B.  He is still getting on base (24 BB and 5 HBP), but would love to see him replicate the power he showed in college. 

It was always a tough ask to put him in AA right out of the gate.

Also, I remember him saying in a Q&A on The Athletic that he wanted to get in better shape so he’d be able to hold up throughout an entire minor league season, so maybe we’re seeing him tire out after his college season + start to his minors career.

He’ll need to put in a good offseason and hopefully be in good shape next year.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah.  The current group at AA - I look at them more along the lines of potentially being regular, solid contributors by 2024.  I would assume the majority of them will spend 2023 mainly in AAA, with some graduating to the majors by the end of 2023 to start getting some reps and MLB experience.

With some exceptions, I’d send most of those guys in AA back to AA and eye a mid-late season promotion to AAA.

I’d say:

AAA: O’Hoppe, Soto, Silseth, and Ingram.

AA: DiChiara, Neto, Adams, Paris, Jackson, Crow, Bush, Bachman, Erla, Joyce, Murphy, and Torres.

Is it save to say that O'Hoppe has plus-plus power? he has 20+ Hr potential. Personally for me he's in the top 30, more in the 20-30 range in top 100. 

Neto has impressed! The Bat is real, I would love to see more walks in his game. But's in the 80-105 range for me. 

Any words on the status of Hidelgo? hasn't pitched in some time. 

42 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

What's the verdict on Paris? Is he legit or is this just a hot streak? I get that the hitting environment in A+ is pretty hitter unfriendly so hopefully this is a sign of things to come

He’s been on a hot streak since the All-Star break.

He still has a high K% on the season, but he’s also been young for both levels he’s played at.

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

It was always a tough ask to put him in AA right out of the gate.

Also, I remember him saying in a Q&A on The Athletic that he wanted to get in better shape so he’d be able to hold up throughout an entire minor league season, so maybe we’re seeing him tire out after his college season + start to his minors career.

He’ll need to put in a good offseason and hopefully be in good shape next year.

He's just isn't a guy I can get all that excited about.  

2 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

What's the verdict on Paris? Is he legit or is this just a hot streak? I get that the hitting environment in A+ is pretty hitter unfriendly so hopefully this is a sign of things to come

He's definitely a guy. He's very young for AA. 

It's a hot streak for sure but seeing a guy that young just immediately tear ass with a pretty aggressive promotion is great. The entire Pandas roster is deep as fuck.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He's definitely a guy. He's very young for AA. 

It's a hot streak for sure but seeing a guy that young just immediately tear ass with a pretty aggressive promotion is great. The entire Pandas roster is deep as fuck.

interesting progression for him this year.  Pretty bad for the first three months.  Through June he .184/.308/.323.  Walks were there but K's were almost 40%.  

then things picked up a bit in july although he missed like 10 days mid month.  

Then at the beginning of August he went to Arizona and played in two games over about a week.  

Then he caught fire and was promoted by the end of the month and he's on fire.  Hitting with more power.  Striking out WAY less (like near 20%.  Still walking a fair amount.  

Sure as hell seems like he figured something out in AZ.  

31 minutes ago, Trendon said:

huh.  interesting concept.  not really sure what to think about it yet.  At first I'm like what the heck but I guess getting a bunch of young guys together for instruction and to face tougher competition so they can identify strengths and weaknesses more readily makes some sense.  Still not sure I'd be overly jazzed if the halos were doing something like this but probably only because I've never seen it in action.