• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Me too. Would be awesome if WE get to reap the rewards for patience on the number ONE overall pick in the draft. 

All the bad luck will flip next year. 
Moniak will turn into an .800 OPS outfielder with good defense, Trout plays a full season, Ward hits consistently over a full season, O’Hoppe gets called up and is a star, Neto forces his way into the bigs at SS and turns into Carlos Correa, Rendon has one last MVP season…. 

yeah right 

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

All the bad luck will flip next year. 
Moniak will turn into an .800 OPS outfielder with good defense, Trout plays a full season, Ward hits consistently over a full season, O’Hoppe gets called up and is a star, Neto forces his way into the bigs at SS and turns into Carlos Correa, Rendon has one last MVP season…. 

yeah right 

One of these days ....

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

It's almost comical how dominant the trash pandas have been lately.

They have won 14 of 17. 
O’hoppe hit his 9th homer in 21 games since being traded. Neto also hit a homer. 

trying to temper my expectations but it’s hard to not get excited about what’s developing in AA. Neto, O’hoppe, Paris, Joyce, Soto etc… 

One aspect of the Trash Pandas that goes unheralded: the job of manager Andy Schatzley and his coaching staff.

I wonder if Schatzley ends up being part of the major league coaching staff next season in some capacity, considering his success and the potential change in the major league coaching staff under a probable new manager.

13 minutes ago, Trendon said:

One aspect of the Trash Pandas that goes unheralded: the job of manager Andy Schatzley and his coaching staff.

I wonder if Schatzley ends up being part of the major league coaching staff next season in some capacity, considering his success and the potential change in the major league coaching staff under a probable new manager.

I talked to him when I was there. Seemed like the players loved him and he loved his guys. 

Told me that and he and Perry are constantly in touch, that Perry has a good pulse on the team and the players strengths/weaknesses. 

There's legitimate reason for optimism for 2023 and it's all centered on Rocket City and this past trade deadline.

- Mickey Moniak doesn't need to develop into a 4th OF. He's already there. Now, it's a question of if there's more in the tank. If there isn't, no shame. He's got everything you look for in a 4th OF.

- Matt Thaiss looks like a good backup option at catcher, and the corner infield. O'Hoppe is showing the ability behind the plate and with the bat to start splitting duty with Stassi.

- We all love Fletcher and Rengifo, and we're all aware that Rendon simply won't be playing 150 games at this stage of his career. 90 quality games hopefully. And that's where you start thinking about guys like Neto, Paris, Jackson. 

- Tucker Davidson hasn't earned a spot in next year's rotation, but given that he will be out of options, and what he's shown in the majors so far, I think he can inherit the Barria role next season.

- Bush, Silseth, Rodriguez, Bachman, and Erla offer depth and upside in the rotation. And Joyce and Bachman in the bullpen could make things interesting. 

- Adell hasn't done anything to earn a spot next year, and the Angels have enough money to be able to bring in a quality LF to improve the offense. And if Adell turns the corner, all the better. 

- We all hope Ohtani doesn't leave, but realistically, that's looking more and more likely. But while you can't replicate him singularly, the Angels do have the internal talent to replace him on the mound with the other guys I listed, and at DH with Sonny DiChiara. Again, they can't replicate him, but they can offer a steady remote replacement to where funds can be intelligently reallocated and the Angels can still win. 

Minasian, like his predecessor Eppler, isn't perfect, but it appears that even though he's failed, there's a discernible plan in place for the future of the squad and watching it take shape is exciting.

This is just getting so interesting for a number of reasons. 

Right now, the only weak link is Tri-Cities.  

Winning pct by team

DSL .583
ACL .611
IE .540
TRI .439
RCTP .595
SLC  .465

I'm not overly concerned about AAA not being some juggernaut as it's become a bit of a staging level for major league depth.  Would I like to see it loaded with talent?  Sure and I bet that a lot of the current AA guys will be there next year.  

The lack of talent at the current A+ level needs to be filled in but we've seen Minasian with some flair for filling up the A+/AA level pretty quickly.  There isn't much in A+ if anything at all on the position player side of things but there is some guys to talk about on the pitching side.  Maybe not anyone that's gonna become a top 100 guy, but there is some developing depth.  Plus, that park is a shit show. 

So really, with everyone moving up a level (for the most part), and a reload via intl and draft, it'll be about infusing talent into that AA level next year.   Although I do wonder if you'll get some repeaters of A ball like some of the younger guys who've struggled like Vera, Bonilla, Ramirez, or guys that just got move up recently (Guzman)

I also think that Quero will crack the top 100 and Ohoppe will move into the top 20.  Neto may move up as well.  We might actually see Ky Bush in there but I doubt it.  

So I think next year we start in the middle of the pack and if Neto and Ohoppe don't graduate then we could get another lift.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

granted it's a hitters park and all, but that was Neto's two strike swing where he's not supposed to be able to hit for any power without the leg kick.  And he went oppo WELL out.  

The big leg kick and the no leg kick with 2 strikes reminds me a lot of Bo Bichette. I remember there being skeptics on how his bat would translate due to the exaggerated leg kick when he was in the minors as well. Same knock people had on Neto but all he's done since signing is hit in his first taste of professional ball.

7 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

The lack of talent at the current A+ level needs to be filled in but we've seen Minasian with some flair for filling up the A+/AA level pretty quickly.  There isn't much in A+ if anything at all on the position player side of things but there is some guys to talk about on the pitching side.

Tri-City should be getting some good players next season from Inland Empire.

Quero, Placencia, Blakely, and Sanchez on the position player side.

Caceres, Chaney, and Van Scoyoc on the pitching side.

Plus I’d guess a number of 2022 college draftees end up in High-A.

It seems like the Angels position player prospects are going to be more spread out across the different affiliates next season, whereas they’ve been more concentrated in AA and A this season.

AAA: Logan O’Hoppe, Orlando Martinez, Michael Stefanic, and Livan Soto.

AA: Jordyn Adams, Sonny DiChiara, Jeremiah Jackson, Zach Neto, and Kyren Paris.

HiA: Werner Blakely, Adrian Placencia Edgar Quero, and Jadiel Sanchez.

A: David Calabrese, Denzer Guzman, Alexander Ramirez, and Arol Vera.

ACL/DSL: Randy De Jesus, Nelson Rada, Jorge Ruiz, Natanael Santana, and Anthony Scull.