• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Any word on Yovan’s pitch repertoire and velocity?

Even for age 24, those are sick A ball numbers.

Fastball in the mid 90’s (94-95 mph) and a slider.

I think they leave him in Single-A the rest of this season, as he’s the team’s closer and they are trying to win the second half division title.

Kyren is the one guy in the system that is always forgotten, and never highly rated by major outlets. 

Then suddenly we wake up in 2024 and he's a very productive starting middle infielder in the major league and everyone asks where he came from, as though this development should be a surprise. 

That's when you'll shake your head, because not only was he a high draft pick out of the California prep scene, but he was also the youngest kid in the draft, and he was promoted aggressively, commonly being a few years younger than average for his developmental level. 

People should see it coming. 

Edited by Second Base

Also, whole we can acknowledge that baseball has a brutal way of figuring such things out, the Angels may want to consider trading a middle infielder or two. 

Rengifo and Fletcher are getting the job done up the middle on both sides of the ball, or at least when Fletcher is healthy, he is. Rengifo has simply reached another level of development and is turning into a stud. 

And behind them we see Zach Neto, Jeremiah Jackson, who is getting OF reps even though OF looks packed too. Then you have Kyren Paris, Werner Blakely, Arol Vera, Denver Guzman and more I'm likely missing. 

Now chances are, of the six prospects I listed, maybe four make it to the big leagues, and only two become impact players (I'm guessing more, but I understand how often prospects flame out). So even if that pessimistic view were indeed correct, you're still looking at being able to trade two of these guys before quality depth is even a question.

Just a question of who. 

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Also, whole we can acknowledge that baseball has a brutal way of figuring such things out, the Angels may want to consider trading a middle infielder or two. 

Rengifo and Fletcher are getting the job done up the middle on both sides of the ball, or at least when Fletcher is healthy, he is. Rengifo has simply reached another level of development and is turning into a stud. 

And behind them we see Zach Neto, Jeremiah Jackson, who is getting OF reps even though OF looks packed too. Then you have Kyren Paris, Werner Blakely, Arol Vera, Denver Guzman and more I'm likely missing. 

Now chances are, of the six prospects I listed, maybe four make it to the big leagues, and only two become impact players (I'm guessing more, but I understand how often prospects flame out). So even if that pessimistic view were indeed correct, you're still looking at being able to trade two of these guys before quality depth is even a question.

Just a question of who. 

That doesn’t include the Halos likely signing the #4 int’l prospect, also a middle infielder.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Kyren is the one guy in the system that is always forgotten, and never highly rated by major outlets. 

The high K% still concerns me with Paris, but I was most impressed with his ability to turn his season around in High-A and earn a promotion to AA after such a bad start there.

I don’t know enough about the prospects to start a thread about this, but I am curious who everyone’s favorite prospect is right now.  For me I would probably go with Ky Bush on the mound, I don’t think he has the best stuff, but he seems like the type of guy that has a very high floor.  I could see him as a better version of Joe Saunders, which would have a ton of value.  On the offensive side, I will go with Neto.  I like that his approach changes with 2 strikes, but he still seems to perform.  It’s kind of crazy how drastic the approach is comparatively speaking.  I have seen video of his shorter stride and I have seen him hit at least two doubles and now a home run, with his 2 strike approach.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know enough about the prospects to start a thread about this, but I am curious who everyone’s favorite prospect is right now.  For me I would probably go with Ky Bush on the mound, I don’t think he has the best stuff, but he seems like the type of guy that has a very high floor.  I could see him as a better version of Joe Saunders, which would have a ton of value.  On the offensive side, I will go with Neto.  I like that his approach changes with 2 strikes, but he still seems to perform.  It’s kind of crazy how drastic the approach is comparatively speaking.  I have seen video of his shorter stride and I have seen him hit at least two doubles and now a home run, with his 2 strike approach.  

I'm trying to contain my excitement about O'Hoppe, but he's definitely up there. Quero has emerged as a favorite of mine. 

I like Ky Bush too and think he could be the main "swingman" next season. At worst, he's good depth which is always important and is something we actually have on the pitching side for once.

I'm still fighting for C-Rod. Dude is just too damn good and as IP has continued to point out, he hasn't had as many injuries as a lot of you keep saying he's had. But he does need to be healthy and actually pitch.

Bachman still has a fuckton of upside but his injuries worry me more than C-Rod.

I also have a soft spot (literally) for Sonny D. I played baseball and was always a big guy but I hit fuckin' dingers and played SS for some reason. He's like if I had applied myself and had the natural talent and work ethic and no mental health issues.

17 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

There isn't enough tissue paper in the world once @tdawg87 gets around to reading these posts/seeing the highlights.

Why do you think he has the Costco pack of Brawny paper towels as backup, IP?

And @tdawg87 keeps wondering why his septic system is blocked up.... 😇