• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

2. Murphy and Torres finish the season in the Bullpen

I doubt this happens.

Mainly because they aren’t on the 40-man and don’t need to be added to the 40-man this offseason, so you’d be unnecessarily be clogging up space on the 40-man roster for the offseason. And you need that space in order to build better position player depth.

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

3. Stefanic, I would love for him to finish the year in the line-up and see how he does. 

3. Daniel Davis finally get the chance to start and finsihes the season in the MLB. 

Agreed on both of these points.

Stefanic at 2B, Fletcher at SS, and Rengifo at 3B please.

DFA Mayers, move Davidson to the bullpen, and give Daniel or Junk some starts.

13 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I doubt this happens.

Mainly because they aren’t on the 40-man and don’t need to be added to the 40-man this offseason, so you’d be unnecessarily be clogging up space on the 40-man roster for the offseason. And you need that space in order to build better position player depth.

Agreed on both of these points.

Stefanic at 2B, Fletcher at SS, and Rengifo at 3B please.

DFA Mayers, move Davidson to the bullpen, and give Daniel or Junk some starts.

I've thought it's a bit puzzling that Mayers has gotten so many reps with the MLB club.  He hasn't looked good for awhile.  I understand Davidson - he's younger and still somewhat prospect-ish, although his future probably is more of a long reliever a la the Barria role.  

Junk has looked rather solid and I would have liked to have seen him make some more starts than he has, but maybe they're working with him in AAA to further refine his stuff?  Hard to say.

Either way, looking at the rotation next year, it appears we likely have 4 "for sure" guys - Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez.  They'll likely keep the 6th spot as an up-and-down spot to help maximize roster flexibility (Junk? Davis? etc).  I'm thinking they might sign 1 FA SP, then let the young guys try to earn their way onto the big league roster.  So, over time, I'd expect to see Silseth make starts, and perhaps Bush if he looks solid in AAA.

49 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I've thought it's a bit puzzling that Mayers has gotten so many reps with the MLB club.  He hasn't looked good for awhile.  I understand Davidson - he's younger and still somewhat prospect-ish, although his future probably is more of a long reliever a la the Barria role.  

Junk has looked rather solid and I would have liked to have seen him make some more starts than he has, but maybe they're working with him in AAA to further refine his stuff?  Hard to say.

Either way, looking at the rotation next year, it appears we likely have 4 "for sure" guys - Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez.  They'll likely keep the 6th spot as an up-and-down spot to help maximize roster flexibility (Junk? Davis? etc).  I'm thinking they might sign 1 FA SP, then let the young guys try to earn their way onto the big league roster.  So, over time, I'd expect to see Silseth make starts, and perhaps Bush if he looks solid in AAA.

It’s not a good reason, but the only reason I can think of as to why Mayers is still getting MLB innings is that they’re paying him $2.15M this season.

I agree that the rotation next year is probably Ohtani/Sandoval/Detmers/Suarez + a FA and a competition for the 6th spot.

14 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fixed (thanks TDawg)

It didn't make it through the translation, but both times he was asked about his off-season and future plans he basically said "after we get our rings this season"...  Basically he was speaking very positively about the 66ers postseason hopes.  Its pretty cool to see a guy speak with that sort of confidence.  He was also very clear that while he considers himself a good catcher, he's no where near satisfied with where he is defensively and stated he knows the areas he needs to work on.  

Kid comes across like a hard worker/straight shooter.... There wasn't any real effort to say the right things, he was very straightforward, very concise. 

From zero C prospects to two .... Not too bad.

(Also, FU, TDawg)

Thank you for translating his responses even better than Arocho, @Inside Pitch. 🙂

Can you post that (just copy and paste) into the Quero interview thread on the board?

We also got Wener Blakely and Caden Dana the other night. Posting those soon! 

I really liked the Blakely interview. 

Speaking of which, his final stat line of 2021. Despite the injuries which you can't control, when he was healthy he was solid this season. 

.295/.447/.470 with 5 HR and 22 SB out of 24 attempts across 55 games. 

12 hours ago, Trendon said:

It’s not a good reason, but the only reason I can think of as to why Mayers is still getting MLB innings is that they’re paying him $2.15M this season.

I agree that the rotation next year is probably Ohtani/Sandoval/Detmers/Suarez + a FA and a competition for the 6th spot.

Agreed, but if they DFA Mayers now, they only owe him about $250k.

Has Arte become that much of a penny pincher?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

We also got Wener Blakely and Caden Dana the other night. Posting those soon! 

I really liked the Blakely interview. 

Speaking of which, his final stat line of 2021. Despite the injuries which you can't control, when he was healthy he was solid this season. 

.295/.447/.470 with 5 HR and 22 SB out of 24 attempts across 55 games. 

Even though he only had about 230 PAs, would they promote him to A+ ball because of the strong success he had?   Love the OBP and SBs success, future leadoff hitter by say 2026?

59 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Agreed, but if they DFA Mayers now, they only owe him about $250k.

Has Arte become that much of a penny pincher?

He’d also have to pay the pro-rated league minimum to whoever replaced Mayers on the roster.

It’s not a good reason, but it’s not like Arte has been the most rational owner…

25 minutes ago, mmc said:

Armstrong and Blakely were obvious candidates because of time-missed.

Interesting to see them push Caceres, Kochanowicz, and Van Scoyoc (all guys with pretty decent stuff).

Seems like they’re pushing Paris to the AFL similar to how they pushed Jackson there last year.

Teodosio’s outfield defense is spectacular, but his offense (and specifically his K rate) is horrible.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Teodosio has always had the size and tools to be a major league stud, just none of the necessary refinement. 

Looking forward to seeing Paris and Blakely see elite competition. 

Kochanowicz just hadn't made good on everything he flashed upon being drafted. Still young, but a move to the bullpen could be incoming. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Kochanowicz just hadn't made good on everything he flashed upon being drafted. Still young, but a move to the bullpen could be incoming. 

He’s been pitching out of the bullpen for the last month or so with Inland Empire

45 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if we'll see Silseth with the Angels after the Trash Pandas season/playoffs are over?

He’s kicked ass in his past 4 starts.

24 innings, 1.50 ERA, 0.58 WHIP, 36/7 Ks/BBs, 7 hits

He can take Mayers’ spot after the AA post-season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He sure has hit much better this season. I think he should give up switch hitting. He doesn't seem to hit lefties well from the right side of the plate. 

he's quietly turned a bit of a corner this year.  This was his best full season by far.  

there a bit of smoke and mirrors to it but that 9% walk rate is nice to see.  And his k rate isn't great but manageable for today's game at just a shade above 30%.  

After his pretty meh start of .217/.300/.290/.590 in 170 PA he went on for a .291/.366/.460/.826 for his final 268 PA but with a .407 BABIP.  Which, along with the fact that I think the Panda's home field is hitter friendly is the smoke and mirrors I mentioned.  

I know he's got a really good arm and not sure of his range but he only had 7 errors at 3b in 86 games and made none in 24 games at 1b.  

He's about halfway past 22.  

Overall it was an encouraging performance.  As we all know, the power comes last and it started to show in the second half.  Not ready to think he might 'solve a problem' at the major league level as of yet other than being potential bench depth.      

I'm sure he'll be in AAA next year.  And with his flexibility to play 1b or 3b, we might see him late next year or early 2024.  

39 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

he's quietly turned a bit of a corner this year.  This was his best full season by far.  

there a bit of smoke and mirrors to it but that 9% walk rate is nice to see.  And his k rate isn't great but manageable for today's game at just a shade above 30%.  

After his pretty meh start of .217/.300/.290/.590 in 170 PA he went on for a .291/.366/.460/.826 for his final 268 PA but with a .407 BABIP.  Which, along with the fact that I think the Panda's home field is hitter friendly is the smoke and mirrors I mentioned.  

I know he's got a really good arm and not sure of his range but he only had 7 errors at 3b in 86 games and made none in 24 games at 1b.  

He's about halfway past 22.  

Overall it was an encouraging performance.  As we all know, the power comes last and it started to show in the second half.  Not ready to think he might 'solve a problem' at the major league level as of yet other than being potential bench depth.      

I'm sure he'll be in AAA next year.  And with his flexibility to play 1b or 3b, we might see him late next year or early 2024.  

Pretty spot on. He's a better defender at 3B than one might think. Very good glove, good instincts and a great arm. 

His swing is still stupid looking sometimes, and it pisses you off even more when he strikes out. But he's patient, and every once in a while he'll put a charge into a ball just to remind you of who he could be someday. 

He's still my guy (along with Kyren Paris), but just being realistic, unless his second half swing changes are sustainable AND he taps into the power, it'll be hard for him to carve out a role.