• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels re-sign Raisel Iglesias (4 years, $58 million), DFA Selman

mmc

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

A little bit of an overpay, maybe by 3 million per year, but not bad. 

Depending on how they structure the contract, it looks like the Angels payroll is now sitting around 172 million (assuming Iglesias'salary is even across the board). 

They've gone to 190 before and likely even may go to 200, as long as it's under the luxury tax, which it is. 

I don't see any reason why they can't afford Marcus Stroman and a backup catcher and stay under 200 million. 

And a shortstop

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

MLBTR predicted 4/56

There was an easy case that he could have made more, based on past FA relief signings for guys of his caliber, so the $14.5M AAV feels like a slight "hometown" discount because Raisel likely wanted to stay as originally reported by @Jeff Fletcher. Excellent deal for a reliever of his caliber and our bullpen now has real potential to be a weapon in 2022.

Personally, I am happy with all of the moves to-date. If the Angels can squeeze another front-of-the-rotation type pitcher for no more than about $8M in a trade, they will have a tremendously successful offseason. As of now they have a good offseason in my humble opinion.

50 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

When was this idea changed? Even when they were rumored in on Scherzer and Ray, they have always said they want Iglesias back. Nothing has changed. They still want another starter. 

21 + 8.5 + 6.75 + 14.5 = 50.75M added to payroll. How much more do you expect them to spend? They also need help in the middle infield and probably backup catcher.

That said, I hope they bust the bank and sign Stroman or Rodon, not so much trading Marsh + Detmers for Castillo.

Edited by Angelsjunky

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

21 + 8.5 + 6.75 + ~15 = ~52M added to payroll. How much more do you expect them to spend? They also need help in the middle infield and probably backup catcher.

That said, I hope they bust the bank and sign Stroman or Rodon, not so much trading Marsh + Detmers for Castillo.

Judging by who they're rumored to be in on, my guess is they're allowed to go exactly 1 Upton over budget for this season so it balances back up for next