• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels re-sign Raisel Iglesias (4 years, $58 million), DFA Selman

mmc

Just now, arch stanton said:

Judging by who they're rumored to be in on, my guess is they're allowed to go exactly 1 Upton over budget for this season so it balances back up for next

Well, that would be another $25-30M, I'm guessing. So Stroman and spare parts, or Taylor and good spare parts. That's a hard choice.

I just hope they don't trade Marsh (or Adell) and Detmers for Castillo. I think Castillo is a bit overrated, and I love Marsh and think Detmers will be as good as Castillo in a couple years.

At this point, I'm OK if they go with the rotation they have, and spend their dough on Taylor, a back-up catcher, and maybe another good reliever or two. 

I'm actually a bit more intrigued by Rodon than Stroman. Higher upside, and if things work out well, I'll jizz my pants at a rotation that includes a healthy Syndergaard, Ohtani, and Rodon.

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Liam Hendricks, who is a better pitcher than Raisel--he's been almost Gagnean over the last three years--got 3/$55M. Considering that Raisel isn't as good but still elite, I'll take 4 years at basically the same price.

Gagnean, on the same night you coined "buxtonian". Nice work

20 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Liam Hendricks, who is a better pitcher than Raisel--he's been almost Gagnean over the last three years--got 3/$55M. Considering that Raisel isn't as good but still elite, I'll take 4 years at basically the same price.

Where’s Liam?

And again, I don't mean this to complain. If it had to be 4/58, I completely understand and would've made the same decision. 

I just feel like a fair market deal, one that paid him what he's comparatively worth as well as what's best for the team, I was thinking 4 years, 13 million per year. You don't want to go past age 35, and he's 31. He's a reliever, and those are so volatile, but he's about as proven as they come. 

No complaining. It's just my assessment. A slight, but necessary overpay.

• mmc changed the title to Angels re-sign Raisel Iglesias (4 years, $58 million)

@Lou

Of course you can presume what the actual payroll number is (I used $190M) and you can also make an assumption of how much, if any, the Angels will keep in reserve for in-season Trade Deadline moves (I used about $10M), which will leave X amount of $ for Minasian. By my reckoning this deal leaves us at about no more than $6-$7M with a $10M margin reserve under a $190M payroll number (also presuming that the $190M number does not include Player Benefits).

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, that would be another $25-30M, I'm guessing. So Stroman and spare parts, or Taylor and good spare parts. That's a hard choice.

I just hope they don't trade Marsh (or Adell) and Detmers for Castillo. I think Castillo is a bit overrated, and I love Marsh and think Detmers will be as good as Castillo in a couple years.

At this point, I'm OK if they go with the rotation they have, and spend their dough on Taylor, a back-up catcher, and maybe another good reliever or two. 

I'm actually a bit more intrigued by Rodon than Stroman. Higher upside, and if things work out well, I'll jizz my pants at a rotation that includes a healthy Syndergaard, Ohtani, and Rodon.

I'm with you

Keep the young players and spend some more on Stroman or Rodon