• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

My guess is mlb (at this particular moment with the last CBA expired) does not actually have the right to use the players photos on their website.

Correct.

I made a silly post about sending the two parties into space to get a deal done.

The point of that was that, whether we like it or not, time plays a huge role in negotiations.

If any of us have half even half a brain, we should all be prepared for this to drag out until the very last second.  That is the most likely way this will go.

Right now the only real question I have is do they get it done “at the last second” to preserve a normal season, or do we miss that deadline?

Once that deadline is missed, then I think we are in new territory of having no idea if it takes another week or if a whole season is lost.

I am going to try not to get hung up on this dispute/negotiation stuff until the actual season is in danger because it is perfectly rational to expect it to drag out until that point anyway.

Yes following it or discussing it could be interesting if certain detail are revealed.

But all the “they should be able to hammer this out right now” stuff sort of ignores the reality of how timelines play a huge role in the progress of negotiations.

MLB feels it has made concessions by offering to do away with the qualifying offer when in reality that only impacts a very small number of baseball players.  They're also proposing universal DH and again, that only impacts a small number of players and even fewer when you realize few teams in AL even employ a full time DH.

12 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Do they get benefits during a lockout? Doesn’t effect the mike trouts but those league minimum players are going to get screwed

i meant that as a fan, the lockout happening in november doesn't really bother me.

i have no idea how it affects the players financially.