• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

On 12/1/2021 at 10:54 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

Do they get benefits during a lockout? Doesn’t effect the mike trouts but those league minimum players are going to get screwed

Players don’t get paid during the offseason. They only make money when there are games being played.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

If minor leaguers come out of this being treated like human beings I'm all for it. If it's just a bunch of billionaires and millionaires squabbling, then meh.

It would be a huge shock if only because minor leaguers are not part of the union.  There really isn't anyone there on the player or ownership side to advocate for them.

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It would be a huge shock if only because minor leaguers are not part of the union.  There really isn't anyone there on the player or ownership side to advocate for them.

My hope is that there is some kind of good that comes out of the lock out to make it a better situation.  They announced the housing thing in October didn’t they ? Just seems to me that there’s decent chance there will be a little more change.  It’s not a good look.  That said, you’re right about no one going really directly going to bat for them.  I might be overly optimistic. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Tampa Bay unis going to look like something out of NASCAR.

A sticker on the side of the helmet is one thing.  If they’re going to put logos on the jerseys I just won’t buy a jersey again.  Not going to pay to be a walking billboard.  Sorry Rob.  I’m not doing that. 

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

A sticker on the side of the helmet is one thing.  If they’re going to put logos on the jerseys I just won’t buy a jersey again.  Not going to pay to be a walking billboard.  Sorry Rob.  I’m not doing that. 

Yep the Nike logo is bad enough already

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

"It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Depends on the logo for me. If they use that old naked chick silhouette that was on those big rig mud flaps back in the day, Id grab a Lorenzen one

In red, because I know all you guys hate that one 

Manfred is the nerd who hated sports in high school and always wanted to stick it to the jocks. Tony Clark is the jock who banged chicks while the school got someone to take his tests for him.

It’s a timeless struggle, and in the end it’s the fans who lose. These idiots are going to fuck things up so bad.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

On Twitter I’ve seen pictures of guys who buy a new hat and immediately take a razor blade to remove the New Era logo. I’d do the same if teams started putting corporate logos on their hats or jerseys. 

I hate that advertising has been pushed on us so heavily in sports. 

Capitalism is the worst.