• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

I think this labor dispute is good.  Baseball does have issues it needs to shake out.  Fully 1/3rd or more of the clubs in professional baseball do not try to win.  They simply do not.  If they are able to do anything at all done to address this it’ll be good for the game and for us. 

I feel pretty good that there will not be a delay or at least a serious delay to the start of the season.  Everyone is making too much money. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I read today that the TB Rays regional TV deal is valued at 85 mil a year.  Couple that with the 60 mil they get from the national TV deal, they are at 145 mil before even taking the field.  Its fair to talk about how well run they are but its pretty funny to see them claiming to be low revenue while banking 70 mil over their player payroll before selling a single ticket, beer, or hot dog.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I read today that the TB Rays regional TV deal is valued at 85 mil a year.  Couple that with the 60 mil they get from the national TV deal, they are at 145 mil before even taking the field.  Its fair to talk about how well run they are but its pretty funny to see them claiming to be low revenue while banking 70 mil over their player payroll before selling a single ticket, beer, or hot dog.

It’s a shame the players won’t allow them to be competitive.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don’t forget parking!  Hmmm.  I knew I should have been an owner.

8 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Good news is that this has no effect on Ralston Schmidt. There's finally a clear path for him to win 2022 MVP

@bloodbrother don't ever change your profile pic dude. 

I always picture myself in the lower cabin on a cruise ship and it's Sosh's face looking in from the outside circular window. lol

Cracks me up.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

image.png

FA:  That seems an easy compromise, if either side actually cares to make compromises

CBT raise to 245 is a gift for the Yankees Dodgers and now Mets and will hurt the competitive balance even further.  Thats literally a free Scherzer without Tax.  Even a compromise to 225 ish only benefits those with the resources to go that high.

Arb:  Both solutions are stupid, you dont drop it from 6-2, 4 as compromise makes sense. 

CI:  Well this one is a stickler.  I think those who made an effort, should go first, ahead of those who tanked.  For example start with those who just missed the playoffs, not those with the worst records.   too many teams content with doing nothing and collecting revenue sharing and stockpiling high draft picks only to trade them away.  its pointless. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

image.png

PPE:  ok, find the median, easy.

EP:  this one is, odd.  we certainly do not need any realignment in terms of fewer divisions in my opinion at all.  Who the hades wants to see a 4th, 5th place team in the post?  I like the idea of  expanding but lets be reasonable.  Division winners get byes in first round, second place teams plus best overall third playoff to determine the #4 seed, 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3, easy peasy. 

RS:  I think this is vital to competitive integrity personally as some teams simply cannot compete, however, to earn it they must show an effort o actually be competitive. 

STM:  No, this is dumb.  Gives better players path to faster FA and contract, does nothing for the overall play base.  They do this they will just see those players get more limited playing time to prevent it as we do with call ups now.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I think this labor dispute is good.  Baseball does have issues it needs to shake out.  Fully 1/3rd or more of the clubs in professional baseball do not try to win.  They simply do not.  If they are able to do anything at all done to address this it’ll be good for the game and for us. 

I feel pretty good that there will not be a delay or at least a serious delay to the start of the season.  Everyone is making too much money. 

If minor leaguers come out of this being treated like human beings I'm all for it. If it's just a bunch of billionaires and millionaires squabbling, then meh.