• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels minor leaguers blast Arte Moreno for terrible living conditions

mmc

48 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It's even more evidence that there's some sort of underlying cultural issue within the organization under Arte (as if the Skaggs mess wasn't proof enough). 

Reference Skaggs. To assume hes the only player who was using hard drugs is extremely naive. He just OD'd

Had he not gotten a bad dose, we would have never heard about it...

8 minutes ago, ukyah said:

personally, i think it shows how stupid mlb really is, even if you think of the players as race horses. you've already invested in them to acquire them, wouldn't they be more likely to develop into derby winners if you gave them the necessary food, housing, training to maximize their potential. 

Race horses aren't paid a salary to go shopping for food or a place to live. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Races aren't paid a salary to go shopping for food or a place to live. 

don't be obtuse, lou. money invested is money invested. race horses are kept in a stable and fed proper food to insure proper development and recovery. they are not kept in the barn and told to graze.

the analogy is perfect.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

don't be obtuse, lou. money invested is money invested. race horses are kept in a stable and fed proper food to insure proper development and recovery. they are not kept in the barn and told to graze.

the analogy is perfect.

It would be foolish to equate the investment in an 18-year old kid who has an extremely small chance of ever sniffing the majors to a race horse. 

The analogy is worlds apart.

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You guys do know that Moreno does not own or operate any of the minor league clubs, right? 

You do understand that the Angels are responsible for paying all of the players on all of the minor league clubs and that none of the players are the financial obligations of the affiliates in any way, right?  And that the affiliates basically only handle the operations and marketing?  I can't tell if you're just ignorant or if you're intentionally ignoring the obvious facts in order to try to stir something up.

I love when people dispute someone's claim that their life is hard, without ever living that kind of life.

Unless there's a current or former minor leaguer who wants to weigh in with a different perspective, I'll go ahead and believe the minor leaguers who are speaking out.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I love when people dispute someone's claim that their life is hard, without ever living that kind of life.

Unless there's a current or former minor leaguer who wants to weigh in with a different perspective, I'll go ahead and believe the minor leaguers who are speaking out.

I, for one, have never claimed that their life is easy. I'm sure it's not. 

Welcome to being an adult. 

10 minutes ago, ukyah said:

the analogy is perfect.

I doubt the Taco Bell dinner was the difference maker on whether on not someone makes it to the major league club. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

It would be foolish to equate the investment in an 18-year old kid who has an extremely small chance of ever sniffing the majors to a race horse. 

The analogy is worlds apart.

ok. i'll remember that the next time i'm standing next to a derby or classic winner that was formerly a claim horse. you invest in the animal because you see something in it that provides a glimmer of potential. you continue to invest in that potential in order to realize that growth. if you limit that growth based on your initial investment, then you're never going to realize any of that animal's potential. the cost of acquisition is  irrelevant once you've acquired them.

this is just one of those topics where a bridge will never be built between the two sides. it's very hard for people to accurately remember the road behind them, there's just too much emotion invested in those memories. that's all i have to say in this thread now.

3 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I doubt the Taco Bell dinner was the difference maker on whether on not someone makes it to the major league club. 

Don't forget having roommates. How is anyone expected to succeed while living under those terrible conditions?

17 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference Skaggs. To assume hes the only player who was using hard drugs is extremely naive. He just OD'd

Had he not gotten a bad dose, we would have never heard about it...

Oh no doubt. But again it happened to happen to the Angels for some reason. And the story has dragged on longer than the Astros cheating scandal, while they've returned to winning games and we've been mired in mediocrity for a decade+. So either we've been hit with a historical string of bad luck (I'm sure most people will brush it off as such even if it continues for another 10+ years) or something's going on. 

ok. i'll remember that the next time i'm standing next to a derby or classic winner that was formerly a claim horse. you invest in the animal because you see something in it that provides a glimmer of potential. you continue to invest in that potential in order to realize that growth. if you limit that growth based on your initial investment, then you're never going to realize any of that animal's potential. the cost of acquisition is  irrelevant once you've acquired them.

this is just one of those topics where a bridge will never be built between the two sides. it's very hard for people to accurately remember the road behind them, there's just too much emotion invested in those memories. that's all i have to say in this thread now.

Ok.

Goodbye.

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

yes, that's exactly what i was talking about.

but, go ahead, feed an athlete taco bell for a month, then measure their performance. tell me what you get.

These guys are basically practice squad signings to fill out minor league rosters so they can develop the players with actual talent to make it a career. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Correct. It is.

Because you don't know how to make them successful. You know how to make yourself successful. What works for you doesn't work for everyone else.

And you aren't giving advice. You're just calling them whiners and telling them they need to do what you did.

Total spin.  I gave no financial advice (just made a sarcastic comments about the subject of taking financial advice from financially successful people).

I consistently make a simple point.  Their complaints are basically saying “we are outraged that we have to do whatever pretty much every young person does.”

My “advice” is get over yourself and stop thinking you are entitled to have an experience less difficult than pretty much everybody at your age.  As soon as you do that, you have probably gained one of the most important thing you can achieve in your youth.

51 minutes ago, Lou said:

I, for one, have never claimed that their life is easy. I'm sure it's not. 

Welcome to being an adult. 

So anything that happens to an adult is fair game, as long as it's in the context of their job?