• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (7/19/21): Ohtani on the mound & hitting 2nd; Marsh in CF again

35 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I can't wait until the off-season FA and trade thread pops up and people argue against spending money on pitching because....$$$$ only to be in the same shit position next year at this time if we don't... 

Spend it on the bullpen.  We dont need a 30 million dollar starter.  We only need a starter who can pitch around a 4.00 ERA or ERA plus of 100.  

Kind of like a guy who is stuck in salt lake city.

Yes I know....I am beating a dead horse. 

Edited by stormngt

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

How has that strategy worked out for us?

That strategy only works if you have number of quality arms in the minors to bring up and try in the pen.

We have bunch of soft tossing veterans and nothing in the upper majors except for CRod who was the most successful but not very well used by Maddon.

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Spend it on the bullpen.  We dont need a 30 million dollar starter.  We only need a starter who can pitch around a 4.00 ERA or ERA plus of 100.  

Lind of like a guy who is stuck in salt lake city.

Yes I know....I am beating a dead horse. 

This is honestly the worst part of the Angels plan the last several years. We don’t need aces on this team. If we had one really good starter and four league average guys, combined with an even slightly above average bullpen, we’d probably be winning 90 games a year. The bar to clear on the pitching front isn’t that high, and we fail miserably over and over again.

1 minute ago, Don said:

This honestly the worst part of the Angels plan the last several years. We don’t need aces on this team. If we had one really good starter and four league average guys, combined with an even slightly above average bullpen, we’d probably be winning 90 games a year. The bar to clear on the pitching front isn’t that high, and we fail miserably over and over again.

Is this on Arte Moreno too?

Three GMs back to when they had a real pen

Edited by Angel Oracle

19 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

And Brendan Donnelly also. He may have one or two more good "cycles" left in him...

It’s obviously not possible to bring him back, but Shields is probably the one pitcher I’ve watched more than any other in my life, and he was honestly better when his fastball was a bit slower. If he came out and threw 95 on the first pitch I knew he was about to get hammered. His fastball just played better at 91-93 with movement. If he started upping the velo that fastball flattened out and got really hittable. Still probably the most reliable Angel pitcher of the last 20 years.