• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maybe....

we just don't have the players/coaches combo to be successful.

Common themes here:

Defense sucks

BP sucks

Wise sucks

Depth is lacking (Rengifo, Suz, most of the BP, and a few SP's).

Maddon sucks

Regarding the latter, I'm not a Maddon fan and can't for the life of me understand why he brought in Quintana tonight.  With that said, he didn't own the loss.

- Watson gives up an ER in his one inning as Cishek sucked.

- Mayers was awful.

- The offense scored 3 runs.

None of those things were on Maddon.  He's been given Rengifo, who f-d up 2 other runs.

We can all look back and say it's on Maddon/Quintana, but tonight had plenty of blame to go around on the guys who actually play.  Pick your all-time manager and I'm not sure they win tonight with the players on the roster.  This is a collective effort of suckage.

If...all the sucky players (Renifo, Cishek, Mayers, and many offensive collapses) didn't occur, we may have won.  That shit is on the players.

I, like many, look forward to being healthy.  Until then and we find a BP arm or two, I suspect we'll continue on this rollercoaster.  

Trust me Maddon deserves most of the blame! 

1. Numbere tell us Cishek is bad with runners on baseball, but really good with no runners..... Yet, Cishek is Maddon's main guy any moment a guy reaches base and he needs to make a pitching change.

2. The Goose is more of corner infield yet he's playing outfield. Put him at 3rd, call up an Outfielder to improve the outfield defense. 

3. Why bring in Quintana?.....

Failos, I realize what you are referring to.  I get frustrated by the same.  

I just get tired of all of the blame going to the manger.

How about:
- The GM finds someone better that Reng.

- Cishek gets his shit together

- Mayers (our set-up man) produces.

- The offense scores more than three.

- We have better options than Quintana.

Sometimes it's the players.

I do appreciate what you are saying.   I see it all the time as a daily luker.....it's super-quiet here when we are winning and I don't post often (the buzzards come out when we are losing).  So I get it.

Respectfully,

Mike

4 minutes ago, cals said:

Ask @Jeff Fletcher.

I don’t think Maddon has been fantastic or anything.  But I understand the bullpen is garbage and the AO is the roster balance and replacing Maddon isn’t going to have the outcome these dipshits think it will.

But go ahead and claim I’m going to die on Maddon hill.

You are. You were posting dumb drunken shit in the GD thread last night. You butt.

Fletcher isn't dumb. He's not going to trash the manager as the Angels beat writer. 

And I think referring to doc and IP as "dipshits" is hilarious. Good luck with that one.

1 minute ago, cals said:

You need reading comprehension.  I was talking about the dipshits in this thread.  Doc and IP are, at worst, misguided.  But perhaps you knew that.

And I’m glad my stupid analogy stuck with you.  Mission Accomplished.

Yep. Good job. Your trolling worked!

Michael Richards Ok GIF

1 hour ago, cals said:

You need reading comprehension.  I was talking about the dipshits in this thread.  Doc and IP are, at worst, misguided.  But perhaps you knew that.

And I’m glad my stupid analogy stuck with you.  Mission Accomplished.

Misguided?   How?

Sorry, I knew what Maddon was before he got here and said as much pretty often.  I think they often win in spite of him.. just like the Cubs did in the WS.  In fact, that's actually what I think would make things better ... if Maddon would simply stop trying to prove his genius and let the talent play out, I bet the team would be much better off.  I've long said that a managers biggest impact is in the clubhouse and he's still got a good reputation there, none of these guys look disgruntled so, there is no reason to believe he's been bad there.  But while I've always believed managers don't really have that big of an impact on what happens, guys who OVER-manage can... more often than not for the worse.

Did you watch last nights game?  That botched call in the second inning?  Prime example of a manager wanting to impact the game.  He did.

27 minutes ago, cals said:

My main point is I don’t a change in manager will help.  There’s just a lot of bad players on the team.  Bitch about Maddon all you want but nobody is going to win with this bullpen or with 2 OFs.  I understand the need to blame but I find putting the blame on him to be annoying and misguided.  (For the record guys like you and doc are rational in your criticism and don’t bug me.  But tdawg was trying to twist my words and I had to respond with something.  I didn’t want to say I loved you guys xoxoxo)

I wasn't trying to twist your words. I misread what you wrote.

Now feed me.

29 minutes ago, cals said:

My main point is I don’t a change in manager will help.  There’s just a lot of bad players on the team.  Bitch about Maddon all you want but nobody is going to win with this bullpen or with 2 OFs.  I understand the need to blame but I find putting the blame on him to be annoying and misguided.  (For the record guys like you and doc are rational in your criticism and don’t bug me.  But tdawg was trying to twist my words and I had to respond with something.  I didn’t want to say I loved you guys xoxoxo)

Well, my greater point was I wasn't one of the people that believed simply adding Maddon was going to turn everything around.  People had convinced themselves he was some miracle worker.   So while some may have changed their tunes, I'm just doing more of the same.

I will say this much.. I genuinely believed that Maddon was as close as they could get to finding MS redux, and now that he's been here..  I was wrong.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Fletcher isn't dumb. He's not going to trash the manager as the Angels beat writer. 

I’ve explained multiple times why I think the criticism of the manager is misguided and I don’t appear to be making a dent in people’s desire to do it, so I’m giving up. 

Trash him all you want. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well, my greater point was I wasn't one of the people that believed simply adding Maddon was going to turn everything around.  People had convinced themselves he was some miracle worker.   So while some may have changed their tunes, I'm just doing more of the same.

I will say this much.. I genuinely believed that Maddon was as close as they could get to finding MS redux, and now that he's been here..  I was wrong.

We need the super genius Maddon that secretly pulled the strings to 2002 while letting Sosh take all the public credit.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It wasn't the decision making, it's the darn rules..

Steve Cischeck has inherited 44 runners and has allowed 22 to score. That is an even 50% chance that when you bring him in with runners on base Cischek will find a way to get one or more to cross the plate. That is why relief pitcher ERA is a poor measure for which are successful and which are not.

Given that, Maddon brought in Cischeck last night with the tying run on base and that runner scored. Maddon, supposedly a stats conscious manager ignores those stats when it comes to in game solutions.

It's not the rules forcing him to use the wrong pitcher.