• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apparently the Angels are sellers (according to Fangraphs)

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I didn't say the pitching isn't bad. We all know it is.

But defense is a significant part of the "run prevention" equation. And our defense is atrocious.

True. And let's add the psychological impact. If you're a pitcher and don't trust your defense, you might press and not pitch as well. But there's also no denying that the pitching--on its own--stinks.

If the Angels do not trade them, which of them should they offer a qualifying offer?

You would think Heaney and Bundy would both take the offer since it's doubtful that they get a bigger offer per year and their market would decrease with a qualifying offer over their head.

2 minutes ago, rageous said:

If the Angels do not trade them, which of them should they offer a qualifying offer?

You would think Heaney and Bundy would both take the offer since it's doubtful that they get a bigger offer per year and their market would decrease with a qualifying offer over their head.

But if you're the Angels, do you really want to be spending ~$40M on them if they accept?  Or even ~$20M if one accepts?  That likely eats up a huge chunk of the available cash for next season, and doesn't do anything to solve the lack of long-term solutions on the pitching front.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

The Angels are never big sellers, even when they're out of it. Arte doesn't like his GM's selling off popular pieces, more like expiring relievers.

But you can't get future value unless you're willing to give up some present value. 

If I'm Minasian, I'm selling Suzuki, Iglesias, Upton, Ward, Bundy, Heaney, Quintana and every single last person in that God forsaken bullpen except Chris Rodriguez. 

I don't care if it means selling them for pennies on the dollar, just get them off the roster, and get something in return, even if it's just minor league depth. 

Then start rebuilding the team next year with your building blocks, Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Walsh and Fletcher. 

Next, sprinkle in some prospects, Adell in LF, Marsh in RF, Thaiss at catcher with Stassi, Rengifo in the utility spot, Detmers and Rodriguez in the rotation. 

And finally, go and get players THAT ARE NOT ONE YEAR RENTALS. I'm so sick of the Angels being filled with a bunch of overpriced one year options. Go get some long term answers at shortstop and pitcher. 

The only player in not selling off is Alex Cobb and that's only because he needs to be re-upped. Magically, you get him out of the AL East and have him visit actual knowledgeable modern coaching and development services like Driveline, and he's a mid rotation starter again and it has nothing to do with a gimmick or velocity increase and everything to do with him spotting his pitches which allows him to keep the ball on the ground. 

Angel's have never been sellers?

Who in the last 10 years did we have that anyone would truly want to trade?

You need a marketable commodity to sell before you are a seller.

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

But we had hopes of being a contender this year. A missed opportunity.

Only the completely delusional had hopes of the Angels being a contender this year. The roster was so obviously crap from the beginning, specifically the pitching staff, RF, C, 1b, and SS.

I wonder if Minasian would consider trading Fletcher. After his extension could be great value for a team. Fletcher is also one of most valuable trade chips Angels have. I wonder in terms of pitching what he could bring back? I'm not saying trade him or he is on the trade block. Just to get something decent in return you have to give up something of value. Maybe he is untouchable in Minasian eyes.

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I wonder if Minasian would consider trading Fletcher. After his extension could be great value for a team. Fletcher is also one of most valuable trade chips Angels have. I wonder in terms of pitching what he could bring back? I'm not saying trade him or he is on the trade block. Just to get something decent in return you have to give up something of value. Maybe he is untouchable in Minasian eyes.

Damn, everything you post is dumb as shit. It’s almost impressive

12 minutes ago, failos said:

Damn, everything you post is dumb as shit. It’s almost impressive

All I'm asking is what could you get for him? You would not even see, keep your head in the sand as next year will be season 7 of losing. While Tampa continues to win year after year.