• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

Just now, Lou said:

Anyone else think the FO told Albert he could either retire or he'd be released?

I'd have to think they gave him some options. If they didn't have that conversation with him then it's pretty shitty on the FO's part. I'd think at bare minimum they gave him the option to announce his retirement, and I'd guess/hope that they at least offered him some sort of non-player role with the team. A straight release had to be their last option.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

This is the only argument I’ve heard as to why this isn’t a classless move.  That said I still think it makes the organization look shitty.

It's not a good look, but the guy has no business taking the field, and his spot on the roster keeps the team from carrying a useful player. I'm not sure what the best course of action was but benching him was a start. If it's true he made a stink about it then it's likely he wasn't going to provided the leadership expected of him if they wanted to keep him around for his intangibles. 

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

I have a clear conscience.

The man had a great career and is, by all accounts, a great human.  

He's been terrible for a while.  His absence will help the team.

Let's worry about what's best for the team and not Albert's feelings. Angels looked stupid from day 1 of his signing and been laughing stock around the league.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

There hasn't been a single post about the team's play since this thread was started.

Game, blouses. 

Posts? I was mostly referring to the press/media and perception of the Angels in general.

Edited by failos

Just remarkable people are blasting the Angels for finally releasing this awful player. By keeping him on the roster the last 5 years, or longer, showed they weren’t a serious organization that wanted to win.

releasing him - finally - is a good step to show the team cares more about winning than the ego of 1 legend or some romantic baseball fans.

I want winners. I want players that can help the team win.

the Albertross hasn’t been that for more than half a decade.

good riddance. 

Albert really has no grounds to be upset about this.  He stuck around to get his money.  Fair enough.  It was up the Angels to do the rest.  They waited till now.  Which was too long.  But hey, here we are.  It’s the right baseball move.  Thank you for your service mang. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, YouthofToday said:

Just remarkable people are blasting the Angels for finally releasing this awful player. By keeping him on the roster the last 5 years, or longer, showed they weren’t a serious organization that wanted to win.

releasing him - finally - is a good step to show the team cares more about winning than the ego of 1 legend or some romantic baseball fans.

I want winners. I want players that can help the team win.

the Albertross hasn’t been that for more than half a decade.

good riddance. 

I hope this lights a fire under everyone’s ass.