• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

3 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

Trout's not a moron, I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall with Albert's performance.  If he really cares about the team making the playoffs and starting to turn things around, he has to know that Pujols in the lineup is not part of that plan.

Roster spots are at a premium with the six-man rotation.  Pujols traditional spots are filled by Walsh and Ohtani.  I said it a couple of months ago...if the Angels are serious about winning this year then they need to release Albert.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

The DFA is largely a formality, as Pujols and the remainder of his $30MM salary will go unclaimed on waivers. It’s possible the Halos could work out some kind of trade where they effectively eat all of that salary, but a release is most likely. Pujols is in the final season of a 10-year, $240MM contract.

Obviously Pujols said no to retiring so the Angels would have to release him and have to pay him.  And stupid fans clamor that the Angels “disrespected him” by releasing him.

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's not a good look, but the guy has no business taking the field, and his spot on the roster keeps the team from carrying a useful player. I'm not sure what the best course of action was but benching him was a start. If it's true he made a stink about it then it's likely he wasn't going to provided the leadership expected of him if they wanted to keep him around for his intangibles. 

I'm not sure he ever HAD the intangibles.  That being said, Trout needs to step up and become the clubhouse leader.

9 minutes ago, failos said:

It’s hard for me to take you seriously after you suggested the Angels should trade Trout

He could get you some young pitchers halos need. Trout is not the problem and has a no trade contract but halos in 6th LOSING season and nothing is changing. Getting rid of Albert is first step. Now Ward or Adell or Marsh can play in RF and Walsh back to 1B. 2022 what will change except another FA signing for a pitcher. Halos will need 5 starters and 6 in bullpen plus SS. Trout can get you something decent back now not in 2 or 3 years. This team is broken and needs to be rebuilt. Upton contract 1 more year then he will be gone. Angels will not trade Trout but I wonder what he is thinking now. Only Yankees, Dodgers,White Sox and maybe Padres could afford Trout. What would you do to fix halo LOSING.

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm sure they sat down with him to discuss it. In the end though, there is no reason for Albert to retire and walk away from ~$25 million. Given the decision to not play him anymore, I think it's likely that the release was his choice.

If the Angel's talked to them they could have negotiated a buyout for retirement