• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Albert genuinely thinks teams will be clamoring to pick him up.

I’m sure this is true.  Just like every night after a single or useless home run he goes home and tells his family how much the angels need him and how he’s still got it. Greed and hubris.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

LOL at the super fans on Twitter who are trashing the Angels org on releasing Pujols and how he didn't deserve it. 

I’m probably one of them to be fair, at least in the more supportive camp, although certainly not trashing the org. The decision is undoubtedly the right one and we are a better team without him in the lineup (as we would have been for the last few years) i guess for me it’s just looking beyond it and at his career overall and just a shame it’s ended like this cause don’t think any player being released is really reason to celebrate, especially not a hall of famer. 

But I get it completely and why other people feel differently. Clearly he’s let a lot of people down who had high expectations and he’s been such a disappointment.  On the field anyway. Off the field it can’t be questioned the impact he’s had raising the profile of the franchise and the long term potential effects of having Pujols in the record books with 600 HR, 3000 hits etc in an Angels uni . 

However now just time to move on and look forward with Walsh at 1st base full time and hopefully far better production from our outfielders of the future, now and longer term 

3 minutes ago, HaloSpurs said:

Off the field it can’t be questioned the impact he’s had raising the profile of the franchise and the long term potential effects of having Pujols in the record books with 600 HR, 3000 hits etc in an Angels uni . 

You seriously don't expect us to swallow that tripe, do you?

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

You seriously don't expect us to swallow that tripe, do you?

Honestly as fans I don’t think we should or do care. I personally don’t.

I don’t think it’s untrue though. Pujols was signed imo as much for his marketability as he was for his potential future on field performance. 

This is why you have to question the ownership. 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Me neither.  But it’s just funny that he forces the Angels to dump him and the Angels get accused of “disrespecting” him.

Total nonsense.  Pujols got exactly what he wanted.  The cash.

If it was just the cash he wouldn't have been upset about not being in the lineup. 

6 minutes ago, HaloSpurs said:

I’m probably one of them to be fair, at least in the more supportive camp, although certainly not trashing the org. The decision is undoubtedly the right one and we are a better team without him in the lineup (as we would have been for the last few years) i guess for me it’s just looking beyond it and at his career overall and just a shame it’s ended like this cause don’t think any player being released is really reason to celebrate, especially not a hall of famer. 

But I get it completely and why other people feel differently. Clearly he’s let a lot of people down who had high expectations and he’s been such a disappointment.  On the field anyway. Off the field it can’t be questioned the impact he’s had raising the profile of the franchise and the long term potential effects of having Pujols in the record books with 600 HR, 3000 hits etc in an Angels uni . 

However now just time to move on and look forward with Walsh at 1st base full time and hopefully far better production from our outfielders of the future, now and longer term 

Due to the declining production and lack of playoff games Pujols became perhaps one of the most irrelevant surefire hall of gamers over the past 10 years.  Nobody really cared about him hitting those.  Perhaps as a cardinal they would have held some meaning. The only thing he’s done for the franchise is become the whipping boy for trouts lack of success.  We know pitching has been the issue but Pujols was supposed to bring the World Series with him. That is the national take.