• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

Baseball wise, the next historic thread/post will be when there is a robotic strike zone. Angels wise though, this will be tough to beat for a long time. Only something about some amazing thing Trout did in career WAR or whatever will be able to surpass this. Okay, Angels winning a World Series can eclipse this but man, this happened today!!!

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Players of Albert's caliber all have a chance to go out on their own terms. Sticking around 5 years past your expiration date means you gave that up. If he was making league minimum on a non-guaranteed contract he's probably gone back in 2016 or sooner.

Required reading

1 minute ago, cals said:

This is the only argument I’ve heard as to why this isn’t a classless move.  That said I still think it makes the organization look shitty.

It's shitty that the org had to do it, but I doubt they wanted to do it this way. AP's delusion that he's still a viable major league baseball player is what led to this.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Dude, the Angels were the idiots that offered him the deal.  All he did was accept.

I know. I'm just saying the length of that contract is the only reason he's been a major league player for the last 4-5 years. It wasn't because he was good enough to actually be on a roster.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

They’re not going to do shit this season anyways.  He was their fucking mistake.  He still is one of the greatest players ever. The footnote of this release will just make the Angels look like the amateurs they are.  Add that to wasting Trout and history will regard this organization of this era as a joke.  Take your medicine and let him do a victory lap and move on next year.  

I mean, nobody is gonna confuse the Angels for being a well run org and they haven't for years, so this doesn't matter much

2 minutes ago, Don said:

I know. I'm just saying the length of that contract is the only reason he's been a major league player for the last 4-5 years. It wasn't because he was good enough to actually be on a roster.

We all know it was a bad deal and now it's time to move on. Let's worry about what's best for this team and not Albert's feelings.

Albert Pujols’ final 162-game average in his 9+ seasons with the Angels:

• .256 BA

• 31 HR

• 78 RBI

• 43 XBH

• .758 OPS

He also accumulated a 12.8 WAR and made one All Star team (2015).

Pujols had an OPS of .900 plus all 11 years with the Cardinals and only once did he even reach .800 with the Angels.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars