• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The sickos that like the runner at 2B rule hate baseball

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don’t like it.  But I’m not going to get up in arms about anything the commissioner does to try to fix the game.  

I think he should start fixing the game by attempting to make teams that lose on purpose for like a decade stop doing that.  Start there Mr. Manfred sir.  Please.  Thank you. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This rule was not made for people who love baseball.  Dog shit.  Two thumbs down. 👎👎 

It does at least try to make hitters have that mindset of putting the ball in play more. Strikeouts are way too high these days. Interestingly enough, I found out today that the strikeout rate from 2019 was about 23.0% in the regular season. Yeah, that's a lot of strikeouts. So a 22% strikeout rate that regular season meant that a hitter would be considered "above average" in regards to strikeout rate. 

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think he should start fixing the game by attempting to make teams that lose on purpose for like decade stop doing that.  Start there Mr. Manfred sir.  Please.  Thank you. 

Which won’t help the any of the problems the game has created for the viewer. 

26 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I disagree with the idea that the game created a problem for the viewer.  

Then you never watched baseball in the 70’s and 80’s.  Watch a game from the 70’s and tell me it wasn’t a better product.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then you never watched baseball in the 70’s and 80’s.  Watch a game from the 70’s and tell me it wasn’t a better product.  

I didn’t watch baseball in the 70’s.  That’s true.  I have seen old baseball games.  I can tell you that I’ve watched since the 90’s and I liked it just fine before this rule.  I don’t like great games being cheapened with an attempt to force them to end.  That’s just me.  If life happens and I can’t finish a game.  That doesn’t bother me that much.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I didn’t watch baseball in the 70’s.  That’s true.  I have seen old baseball games.  I can tell you that I’ve watched since the 90’s and I liked it just fine before this rule.  I don’t like great games being cheapened with an attempt to force them to end.  That’s just me. 

I’m not defending this rule, I’m simply defending the commissioners ability to make small changes to get the game back to something more enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not defending this rule, I’m simply defending the commissioners ability to make small changes to get the game back to something more enjoyable.

I completely disagree. He's a joke and the game was just fine the way it was. I don't give two shits what Theo has to say. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I completely disagree. He's a joke and the game was just fine the way it was. I don't give two shits what Theo has to say. 

Ok then.  If you think this is the best version of the game we’ve seen in our lifetime we will just have to agree to disagree.  Personally, I am not fond of all the strike outs, the low batting averages, the lack of stolen bases, the lack of hit and runs, and the much longer games that have less action plays.  But that’s just me.  Baseballs problems started WAY before Manfred took over. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Ok then.  If you think this is the best version of the game we’ve seen in our lifetime we will just have to agree to disagree.  Personally, I am not fond of all the strike outs, the low batting averages, the lack of stolen bases, the lack of hit and runs, and the much longer games that have less action plays.  But that’s just me.  Baseballs problems started WAY before Manfred took over. 

Yes the problems started long ago but on a macro scale the way to change it back is simply to make it harder to hit home runs. Deaden the ball. Move back the fences. Take away the maple bats and the body armor that makes it ok to plate dive. Any or all of it. But as long as this many players can hit home runs almost at will the game won't change

Probably my least favorite of all the things that they've tried to introduce.  

8.6% of games go to extras.  Let it be part of the game with a natural outcome.  Once in awhile your team will go to 15 innings and play for 4-5 hrs.  I just don't see the problem.  

You want to pick a game to shorten?  How about that 16 to whatever nightmare from the other day.  

Shorten the games where people are likely to lose interest.   Try to be mindful of both making the game as accessible as possible yet not ruining it for those that want it to remain pure.  

One of the things I like about baseball is that smart people can (legally) find an advantage and then other smart people can find a way to negate that advantage and level the playing field.  

The game is getting a bit long?  Let's create some arbitrary rule change at a given point to make it less long.  

And let's be clear.  If I'm  watching a game that's 10-10 or 0-0 head to extras, the last thing I want is some artificial bullshit to determine the outcome.  At that point, I'm in for the long haul.  

Make a rule and have it apply the whole time.  

Dammit!  Now I'm pissed.