• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The sickos that like the runner at 2B rule hate baseball

Baseball is a game where anything can happen and the organic nature in how that develops makes it unique and fun, IMO. 

When they try to manufacture and create that stuff it ruins it for me. The runner on 2nd in extras is the prime example of that.

I remember double headers being scheduled 4 or 5 a year. In those days pitchers threw 140 to 170 pitches a game. Now a pitcher gives up his second hit in 7th inn (Heaney on Friday) a manager will pull him from game. Did the players union also approve this rule? The game has changed so much in last 25 years. Fans today want quicker games so I also blame fans for changes. I do not know if this rule is for just this year or long term. I do not like this rule.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I remember double headers being scheduled 4 or 5 a year. In those days pitchers threw 140 to 170 pitches a game. Now a pitcher gives up his second hit in 7th inn (Heaney on Friday) a manager will pull him from game. Did the players union also approve this rule? The game has changed so much in last 25 years. Fans today want quicker games so I also blame fans for changes. I do not know if this rule is for just this year or long term. I do not like this rule.

Or fans want games similar to the games you mentioned.  Those went 2:30 hours on average. Now it’s 3:05.  

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Is it a round trip or are one-way fares available? I'd like to stay in 1955.

Definitely a one way trip.  You'll never be seen again.  Now, about that cash up front....

I honestly don't mind the change. It makes extra inning affairs more of a high wire act and ends the game sooner. 

I don't like that double headers have been changed to 7 innings.

I would like to see larger bases (slightly shortens the base paths, more SB), the double hook rule (universal DH until the SP is removed), increase rosters to 27 players, and if they can ever figure it out, an electronic strike zone. I'd also like to see MLB install cameras for every ball park that are specifically for instant replay. As far as I can tell, MLB has already gotten at least the challenges by the Angels wrong, despite video evidence pointing to the contrary. 

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Extra Innings rarely happen so it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather it not be there but there are other problems with the game that are more important IMO.

8% so about 13 times a year, or twice a month.  

Where did the idea that fans want quicker games come from? 

The stadiums get to sell more food and beer; the TV companies get more content for the same price and more ad breaks between innings and pitcher changes; the players get to add to their counting stats and be the hero; the managers get to show how brilliant they have been with their choice of and use of fringe players; the fans get more free baseball and an exciting end to the game.

A shorter game only seems to benefit the owners, possibly by cutting the cost of lighting the extra innings and trimming the stadium's game-day wage bills by a hour or two. Have they really sent Manfred the attack puppy to chew up the game over the saving of so few dollar bills, or am I missing some huge here? 

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

you'd hate me as commissioner. i'd fuck with the game a lot.

Id be like Dr Han in Enter the Dragon. Id randomly make someone fight Bolo in a big moment. Totally interrupt the game.

And Id send Pujols up to glare at the opposing pitcher, then hit a ball off a tee. And have the pitcher say "tees dont throw off speed"