• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sports book odds have Angels 3rd in the AL West

jsnpritchett

who knows how it will turn out, that's why they play the games, but man i just feel like this offseason was just wasted opportunity after wasted opportunity. i don't see the angels making much noise as a contender, 80+ wins doesn't do anything for me, but i certainly hope to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

who knows how it will turn out, that's why they play the games, but man i just feel like this offseason was just wasted opportunity after wasted opportunity. i don't see the angels making much noise as a contender, 80+ wins doesn't do anything for me, but i certainly hope to be wrong.

What exactly was wasted? Did you just wanna get Trevor Bauer and.... nothing else... because that’s what would have happened if they went that route.

22 minutes ago, Bronson said:

What exactly was wasted? Did you just wanna get Trevor Bauer and.... nothing else... because that’s what would have happened if they went that route.

don't put words in my mouth. i made every effort to be fair minded in that post. i hope for great success for the angels this year, but im disappointed in their overall moves. i was pretty happy with both iglesias moves, which i thought were a strong start. i don't understand the other moves of consequence, ignoring the minor league moves and such.

i really feel like the angels could have ended up a significantly better team this offseason, instead of marginally better, which is how i see them. going by the projection systems that i've seen here, it seems like they predict the same. i hope for the best, but i've never bought into setting the goals at making the playoffs. my opinion is that goals always need to be set higher than you reasonably expect to achieve, because invariably you will come in somewhere below that.

just my opinion. i hope they win the world series. i would love to be proven wrong by minasian and arte.

This team is one great SP away from winning the division. I have high hopes for Sandoval...if he delivers, Bundy repeats his 2020 success, and Canning stays healthy then we’ll be in it to win it

edit: almost forgot about Ohtani. Man if he stays healthy and pitches the way he did his rookie year we’ll be set. 

Lots of ifs though, but a lot could go right.

Edited by failos

2 minutes ago, nate said:

That would be a full 100 point increase in winning percentage over last year.

How have they gotten any better? Seems to me like they have gotten worse if anything.

How on earth have they gotten worse? At the very least, they are marginally better.

Angels easily could be 75 wins or 85+ wins.  Their margin of error is soooo much smaller than most other teams due to lack of depth.  If they are healthy, 85 is possible and maybe more with the right mid-season trade.  But a few injuries like usually happens and imploding to 75 wins max is very possible.  I actually like the 350 ALW bet on Angels....good value even though the likelihood of all going their way is small.

3 hours ago, Fourts said:

Angels easily could be 75 wins or 85+ wins.  Their margin of error is soooo much smaller than most other teams due to lack of depth.  If they are healthy, 85 is possible and maybe more with the right mid-season trade.  But a few injuries like usually happens and imploding to 75 wins max is very possible.  I actually like the 350 ALW bet on Angels....good value even though the likelihood of all going their way is small.

The margin of error for every team in the West is about the same as the Angels.  Houston can’t bring on salary and will have to make a couple of difficult decisions at the deadline with potential free agent Carlos Correa.  They also don’t have the farm they once had to go out and get a guy.  They are relying on a ton of guys that are young and inexperienced on the mound.  They also lost their closer and CFer.  The A’s lost their SS, closer, 7-8th inning guy in Soria and Petit.  Their farm according to the Farm System rankings is one of the worst in baseball.  They also seldom if ever bring on payroll.  So I am not sure why their margin for error is any different than the Angels.  I could be wrong, but this is how I see it.  

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, beatlesrule said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

On 2/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, Stradling said:

They’ll win closer to 85 than 75. 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, Erstad Grit said:

I think Astros are far worse and Mariners far better

On 2/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, ukyah said:

i totally agree and would take that action all day.

On 2/10/2021 at 3:51 PM, failos said:

How on earth have they gotten worse? At the very least, they are marginally better.

On 2/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, Pancake Bear said:

Why not just call them a lottery team while you're at it. 😂🤣

On 2/10/2021 at 6:08 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Neither Debbie Downer or Picard quite does it. We need Eeyore.

Bump