• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question: What is Minasian doing?

tdawg87

Like, the guy preached defense when he was brought on, yet he signs Suzuki to be the catcher, who is mediocre at best behind the dish, and now trades a PTBNL for DEXTER FOWLER who is actually legitimately bad in RF. 

Anything I'm not seeing here? Just bringing in Maddon guys? I honestly don't understand.

confused confusion GIF

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

With all of the options out there this offseason, we get Alex Cobb and Dexter Fowler. Ugh.  Want to throw up. 

And both enrique iglesias's's's's and Suzuki and Schebler, and Quintana. So some good moves and bad ones. Not a total loss but not nearly as good as we hoped for.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Can Joe and Perry please explain why they acquired an OF who may be even worse defensively than Goodwin?

TWO seasons so far in his 12 year career with a positive dWAR

I wouldn't use dWAR, but regardless he is very bad defensively. Whatever "work" he's put in this offseason at age 35 isn't going to magically change that.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can Joe and Perry please explain why they acquired an OF who may be even worse defensively than Goodwin?

TWO seasons so far in his 12 year career with a positive dWAR

To be fair he's also only had like 2.5 seasons so far in his 12 year career with a negative WAR.

Edited by rafibomb

The only thing I can think of is the fact he's saving money with these deals. (Big F-ing whoop)

But given the state the Angels are in with needing Trout in the playoffs, etc.... It seems like they're being very cheap.

Disappointing is a word to use.... So is pathetic.  

Sure, the floor might be "better".... But Jesus it's a never ending circle with this team

I'm all for creating a positive clubhouse environment but is this going to an extreme where they are discounting the impact of talent in favor of something that is far less quantifiable?  

We've talked about raising the floor and I'm all for it but I don't see the Cobb and Fowler moves as actually raising the floor but just slightly reinforcing the already existing floor for the sake of having good guys around.  

I have some friends that are great and fun to have around.  Really good guys but I'm not gonna ask them to do my taxes.  

I'm sure a message board full of fans are better qualified to determine what the Angels should do more so than Minasian.  The tricky part is getting Arte to understand this. Quite the dilemma. I mean it's so obvious that Minasian is over his head and that anyone on this board could do a better job.

Mean while...

image.jpeg

I am now convinced that Minasian doesn’t know what he is doing. Cobb and Fowler acquisitions are inexplicable. There were better players available in FA for less money. There will be better players available on waivers during or before ST starts in two weeks. 

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.