• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question: What is Minasian doing?

tdawg87

I'm a more hopeful on Fowler than where I first started IF Maddon only plays him vs. RHP.  His splits are actually pretty good as a LHed hitter so a platoon is certainly in order.  I  also didn't realize he only played half the games in 2020 which can be pretty tough to get things going if you start slow.  

The Cobb thing I'm just not going to agree with at any point I don't think until he does well somehow and I look like an idiot.  

Everything else he's done so far, I'm a fan of.  Particularly the Quintana deal.  

I could see spending another 6-7 mil or so on a couple of pen pieces and calling it an off season.  I was hoping for more but I think it'll put the team in position to win 88 games or so.  

I'm good to very good on Quintana, the Two Iglesiases, and Suzuki.

Still really dislike the Cobb-Jones swap.

I'm somewhere between "meh" and dislike on Fowler, depending upon who the PTBNL. I've always liked Fowler, or that type of player who is kinda good at most things, but he is old and declined, and I'm worried about the PTBNL.

26 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm good to very good on Quintana, the Two Iglesiases, and Suzuki.

Still really dislike the Cobb-Jones swap.

I'm somewhere between "meh" and dislike on Fowler, depending upon who the PTBNL. I've always liked Fowler, or that type of player who is kinda good at most things, but he is old and declined, and I'm worried about the PTBNL.

Maybe if St Louis needs an OF later we can just have Fowler be the PTBNL. 

4 hours ago, Bull58 said:

That Cobb acquisition fucked it up or we could have been calling the dogs about May or Gonsolin now that the Bauer smoke is cleared. I would have loved to see carrot top in an angels uniform.

As much as I like Gonsolin, we aren't getting him. We can't, even if the Dodgers were willing to trade him, which I doubt they are. You don't trade a guy like that with 6 years of control.

May is kinda in the same boat. 5 years of control. 

It's a pipe dream, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Bull58 said:

That Cobb acquisition fucked it up or we could have been calling the dogs about May or Gonsolin now that the Bauer smoke is cleared. I would have loved to see carrot top in an angels uniform.

Cobb in no way prevents us from calling the Dodgers about May or Gosolin. 

18 minutes ago, T.G. said:

True, but the Dodgers have no viable reason/need to trade them.

Right.  With Kershaw and Jansen's contracts coming off after this season to the tune of 51m (tax salary) they can sign Turner on a 1 year deal, blow waay past the tax threshold this year and be back under by next season.  They have no problems going ballistic for short term.  Just look at 2014-15.

10 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Right.  With Kershaw and Jansen's contracts coming off after this season to the tune of 51m (tax salary) they can sign Turner on a 1 year deal, blow waay past the tax threshold this year and be back under by next season.  They have no problems going ballistic for short term.  Just look at 2014-15.

That $51 million will be spent on bringing Kershaw and Seager back.  Along with a huge raise to Bellinger.