• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

20 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:
Perry
2:19
Why did I trade for Alex Cobb?

Steve Adams
2:19
I legitimately have no idea what compelled the Angels to make that move. I get it if you want an able-bodied veteran to soak up some innings, but man ... could've kept Jones and just signed Fiers or Shoemaker or Porcello or someone for a few million.

2:20
Not that Jahmai Jones is any sort of elite prospect, but if you even think he can be a passable bench piece, why make this move? There's just nothing outside Cobb's ground-ball rate that looks too appealing.

Steve Adams is reading my posts.

20 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It's a good take. If he's healthy, Cobb would be halfway decent. There's no upside really and they definitely overpaid.

It's a sad state of affairs of the Angels team, FO and salary situation when a 35 year old "half-way decent" SP is considered a positive.  Kind of says it all. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

It's a good take. If he's healthy, Cobb would be halfway decent. There's no upside really and they definitely overpaid.

I get that take, but is it really an overpay? A toolsy semi-prospect that likely projects as a 4th OF for a #4-#3 (maybe if healthy) starter? Seems pretty ok to me. Like this move isn’t exciting at all, but I don’t hate it.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Has this deal been completed yet? Do we know how much we're paying?

I wonder if the Callaway thing has had an impact on this.

Whether it's because the Angels want to wait on announcing it because of the Callaway story or because MLB is too busy investigating Callaway to approve the Cobb deal. Also, MLB just had to approve the Arenado deal yesterday so the league office has been busy lately.