• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

I'm actually really pleased with Jackson so far. I was really skeptical that his Pioneer League showing was a bit of a fluke and he'd get eaten up as he progressed - and he did at first - but he's seemed to adjust of late, is showing improved discipline, power is translating...

Several IE arms could go on the positive development list.

If he can keep going in the right direction - mainly, improved plate discipline - he could be a very good prospect.

37 minutes ago, ScottSted said:

Orlando Martinez is on fire in Double-A. Really sweet swing and the power is continuing to develop.

Orlando feels like a really good platoon guy on a team that utilizes him the right way. Might be Angels might not. But he could have value to certain teams because of that.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

37 rbis in just 1.5 months 

excluding his first four games of the year:

.265/.348/.558/.906

10 doubles, triple, 7hrs, 36 rbi, 16bb, 42k.  

whiffs are still high but I don't think that's gonna change for him.  BABIP is .343 which is a bit high but the guy hits screamers when he makes contact so that might be sustainable for him.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

.265/.348/.558/.906

whiffs are still high but I don't think that's gonna change for him.  BABIP is .343 which is a bit high but the guy hits screamers when he makes contact so that might be sustainable for him.  

The best content for our now verified Twitter account always comes from the smart guys on the board. Thanks, @Dochalo.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s good to see Jackson utilizing his speed as well.

Still projecting as a 3B, or 2B?

Been some murmurs of LF also....
If guys like Rengifo, Paris, or Soto stick with SS, might not be a bad idea to shift Jackson to LF. Rendon and Fletcher figure to hold down 3B and 2B for foreseeable future. 

Moving to LF helps free up OF prospects for SP trades too.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

.265/.348/.558/.906

I've been completely thrilled with Jackson so far. Maybe the most positive development from one of our top position player prospect this year. Partially because I was a little leery of his success to date, but he looks like a much more well-rounded prospect now.