• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Fourts said:

The good: 1 hit in 4.1 innings

The bad: 6 BBs (only 2 Ks)

hopefully just a bad/stingy ump 

Nah -- big tall HS product who didn't pitch when he was drafted then Covid.  Command control will be the last thing that will come and the least of our worries at this point in his career.

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

33-4 now.  So much for the comeback.

Jesus, the system is bad (yes, I know there are some upside young guys, etc.--but it's super-thin and just not competitive overall).

Its thin, very young, and they seemingly have held guys back in extended for some reason.  

There have been some plusses, so I'm not worried about their records so much but I bet you they bring in a ton of organizational types to try to win more games next year.

If nothing else the new people in the front office are going to have a much better feel for what the team has and more importantly doesn't have.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

33-4 now.  So much for the comeback.

Jesus, the system is bad (yes, I know there are some upside young guys, etc.--but it's super-thin and just not competitive overall).

It's been very noticeable just how thin the system is this year.  Especially at A/A+/AA for the position players.  There's some people to watch and all and I'm not really sure if most orgs have guys in their mid to late 20's filling gaps at those levels but it seems odd.  

A ball isn't that bad with Paris and Jackson but I was hoping for more from Knowles and Reyes so far.  Bonilla seems over matched. 

A+ is rough.   Adams has been hurt and the rest are pretty bad.  Was hoping for Soto to show something but he's been awful.  

AA - Orlando Martinez has a shade of promise and Izzy Wilson is interesting with his plus power.  Stefanic could be a util guy at some point if that hit tool continues.  

Right now I'm kinda hanging my hat on the guys in AZ or the DSL 

I think we've got enough on the position player side to wait out the next two to three years it's gonna take for some of those low minors guys to advance.  Hopefully guys like Rengifo, Ward, Walsh, Fletch, Thaiss, Adell, Marsh, and maybe Adams, Stefanic, Rojas, Lund can can continue to do what they're doing because it's gonna be a beat or two till the next wave comes aside from a guy here or there.  

There are some young guys to dream upon.  But let’s be honest, this farm system is clearly in the bottom 1/3rd of baseball.  

That’s the black hole of being just good enough to not fully tank/sell and bad enough that you don’t sniff the playoffs year after year.  Even still, it’s also some bad drafting, scouting and player development.  

12 minutes ago, Fourts said:

There are some young guys to dream upon.  But let’s be honest, this farm system is clearly in the bottom 1/3rd of baseball.  

That’s the black hole of being just good enough to not fully tank/sell and bad enough that you don’t sniff the playoffs year after year.  Even still, it’s also some bad drafting, scouting and player development.  

I don't think that's clear at all.  And probably not true.  It's probably in the bottom part of the middle third.  The lost year really impacted the younger systems more than others and the halos have a young system as far as talent is concerned.  Some development from the rookie ball guys last season would have resulted in filling in more of those A/A+ levels and by mid year we'd probably see some of that translate into more AA talent.  

Injuries probably hurt their ability to sell off for some decent or at least middling talent that would be filling those gaps right now.  While there aren't a ton of high end pitchers, they did fill in the depth component considerably over the last 4 years so we'll see how that help.  

14 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I don't know if I agree with that. There's a lot of holes, but we have some really good prospects. Things just don't look great right now because Koch has struggled, Adams and Marsh have been hurt, and a lot of the hitters are underperforming. 

You also might be forgetting Detmers, who I think has taken a massive step forward in his development. He's likely our #1 prospect.

C-Rod won't be a prospect anymore, although he SHOULD BE 🙄