• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

This is my own take but I think one of the reason's why we're kept Adell down to the Minor is to increase his trade value or hope of. 

I don't think that's true. The Angels have a Lagares-sized hole in the lineup. If they thought Adell was ready to face major league pitching, he'd be up. Both Adell and Marsh have had the opportunity, and neither is ready to seize it. While the home runs are sexy, Adell would struggle to reach the Mendoza line in the majors and get on base at even a .250 clip. I'd hate to see him come up and hit .180/.240/.430.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the only saving grace is that they're really not for some reason.  They're throwing him a ton of strikes but he swings at almost everything whether it's a pitcher's pitch or a hitter's pitch.  So it is a bit of an odd dynamic.  He just won't not swing.  

It's five games of hot and then five games of not then 5 of and then 5 of not.  It's actually kinda bizarre.  Check this out.

His season broken into 5-6 game chunks.  

first 5 games: 1.106 ops 
next 6 games: .494 ops
next 6 games: 1.559 ops
next 5 games: .375 ops
next 5 games: 1.610 ops
last 5 games: .733 ops (1 of 6 hits not a single)

weird right?  Not sure what to make of it.  

Maybe the parks.   To your greater point, he won't be ready until he stops swinging at everything like he can turn any pitch into a HR.

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Jo Adell's k to bb ratio over the last 19 games is 28/0.  Correct.  He hasn't walked in his last 19 games.  

Call me crazy/stupid (doesn't bother me), but if I were the angels development team for the farm system, i'd have a plan for the kid.  One random AB in each game, he'd not swing at any pitch until he walked or K'd.  He'd check swing (w/o going around) on pitches that he felt were hittable pitches that he should swing at.  Then we'd go over that at-bat with video after the game and have him explain why he'd swing at that pitch -- and we'd explain why he shouldn't (if applicable).  Just to get him to re-wire himself and recognize that you don't HAVE to swing at every pitch or even strike (some strikes are better left alone). 

Maybe you'd do this until he got a 2-strike count....since your mentality and what you swing at should expand at that point.  But you get the point.  It needs to be drilled into him now before he attempts again being at the highest level.  Or maybe i'm an idiot and should stick to hockey. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Matt Thaiss must be thinking, "what more do I have to do?"

Given that Thaiss was apparently the one that suggested more catching, he might be fine getting everyday reps there now. It’s probably better for his career long-term than an unclear role with irregular playing time in Anaheim…for now.

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nothing new on Adams or Marsh status?

Adams was activated today.

Edited by totdprods

36 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Thank god Adams is back. The Tri-City offense has got to be one of the most offensively inept I've ever seen.

They're up to a .193 team batting average!  It had been hovering in the low .180s for a while.  Dead last in the league at 3.46 runs/game--and their pitching is ALSO dead last, allowing 5.65 runs/game.  I'm honestly surprised they've even managed to go 12-23 on the season.

EDIT:  Forgot to add that they're also dead last in fielding percentage and they lead the league in stolen bases given up...

Edited by jsnpritchett

On 6/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, Fourts said:

Call me crazy/stupid (doesn't bother me), but if I were the angels development team for the farm system, i'd have a plan for the kid.  One random AB in each game, he'd not swing at any pitch until he walked or K'd.  He'd check swing (w/o going around) on pitches that he felt were hittable pitches that he should swing at.  Then we'd go over that at-bat with video after the game and have him explain why he'd swing at that pitch -- and we'd explain why he shouldn't (if applicable).  Just to get him to re-wire himself and recognize that you don't HAVE to swing at every pitch or even strike (some strikes are better left alone). 

Maybe you'd do this until he got a 2-strike count....since your mentality and what you swing at should expand at that point.  But you get the point.  It needs to be drilled into him now before he attempts again being at the highest level.  Or maybe i'm an idiot and should stick to hockey. 

Nobody walks from SLC to Anaheim

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

AJ, how many times has Rengifo torn it up in the minors only to look very mediocre in the bigs? I'm just skeptical that his numbers will ever translate to the MLB. I could be wrong.

I think he'll figure it out and, at the very least, be a very good utility player. I still think he can be a solid plus regular, though. He's got a nice diverse skill set, but it might just take a bit for it all to gel together. Look at Jose Ramirez. Not saying he'll be that good, but Ramirez was pretty mediocre for his first 600 PA.

57 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

They're up to a .193 team batting average!  It had been hovering in the low .180s for a while.  Dead last in the league at 3.46 runs/game--and their pitching is ALSO dead last, allowing 5.65 runs/game.  I'm honestly surprised they've even managed to go 12-23 on the season.

EDIT:  Forgot to add that they're also dead last in fielding percentage and they lead the league in stolen bases given up...

The one weak link on the farm so far

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

The one weak link on the farm so far

I guess?  Though the other 3 teams are a combined 6 games under .500 and only one (Rocket City) is above .500, at 18-17.

(And for anyone who's about to chime in with "won-loss record doesn't matter in the minors!!!," I'm just pointing out the overall competitiveness or lack thereof of the teams...)