• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I like Kelenic's floor and I think his willingness to take walks will help him reach his ceiling.  But there is a clear ceiling to his physical tools and he's so maxed out we likely see parts of his game regress if he adds anymore bulk.

He's a taller Calhoun physically, not a shorter Trout..  if that makes any sense.

makes total sense.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I got a lot of shit from all of you when I said I thought right field was the hardest and centerfield was the easiest.  GA basically said last night that in his opinion centerfield was the easiest.  

did I give you shit for that?

to me I think it depends on the skillset of the player.  Everything in RF and LF is at you whereas it's more about speed to the gaps in CF.  At least that's my opinion.  

In other words, I think the reads are a bit easier in CF but the amount of ground you have to cover is much greater.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I got a lot of shit from all of you when I said I thought right field was the hardest and centerfield was the easiest.  GA basically said last night that in his opinion centerfield was the easiest.  

Prove it.

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

GA last night was the funnest deepest look at how a MLB player genuinely feels.  His tone when talking about how Fenway was so hard to play in was hilarious if only because you could feel his contempt for that opinion.

For years they all talked about how GA was nothing like he came across in games, I think last night was the closest we have come to seeing it.  GA was great.

55 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

to me I think it depends on the skillset of the player.  Everything in RF and LF is at you whereas it's more about speed to the gaps in CF.  At least that's my opinion.  

In other words, I think the reads are a bit easier in CF but the amount of ground you have to cover is much greater.  

You disagreed, but I think that has more to do with how I communicated it. I believe RF is the hardest because of how the ball comes off the bat to RF.  Maybe I feel that way from my limited experience of being a center fielder growing up.  It felt like those were the easiest reads and the easiest to get a jump on the ball.  When I played RF it felt like reading the spin on the ball was much more difficult.  It felt like the ball slashed or dipped.  Also the throw from RF is just different than CF.  A ball off the wall in CF has a pretty true trajectory.  A ball of the walls in the corners, not so much.  But yes, it could be about skillset.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Wouldnt left and right field have a lot of balls slicing or hooking away from you?

Edited by stormngt

Angels signed Tyler Danish as a free agent on May 20 this year. Danish has had a cup of coffee with CWS in 17 and 18. Late start this year has only pitched in 3 games. 10 IP 4 Hits 1 ER 12 Ks 0.40 whip and a .118 BA against him. He is pitching in AA RCT. He could end up being a sweet signing and is only 26. 

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels signed Tyler Danish as a free agent on May 20 this year. Danish has had a cup of coffee with CWS in 17 and 18. Late start this year has only pitched in 3 games. 10 IP 4 Hits 1 ER 12 Ks 0.40 whip and a .118 BA against him. He is pitching in AA RCT. He could end up being a sweet signing and is only 26. 

you've made the same jokes 3 times now.  

12 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Rule 5 pick to the Pirates, Jose Soriano has more elbow damage and will need another surgery. He will be on the IL for the entire season, which means he will maintain his rule 5 status for next season.

If I am understanding correctly, he has to be on the Pirates 25 man roster next year?

On 6/9/2021 at 12:44 PM, Stradling said:

You disagreed, but I think that has more to do with how I communicated it. I believe RF is the hardest because of how the ball comes off the bat to RF.  Maybe I feel that way from my limited experience of being a center fielder growing up.  It felt like those were the easiest reads and the easiest to get a jump on the ball.  When I played RF it felt like reading the spin on the ball was much more difficult.  It felt like the ball slashed or dipped.  Also the throw from RF is just different than CF.  A ball off the wall in CF has a pretty true trajectory.  A ball of the walls in the corners, not so much.  But yes, it could be about skillset.  

Maybe it is more difficult on a per-play basis, but centerfielders make more plays and, as you and Doc have said, have to cover a lot more ground. They also need a more diverse skill set, someone who is fast enough to cover the ground.

Or to compare by chances, so far this year:

RF: 3507

CF: 4276

LF: 3179

It isn't a huge difference, but it is 2.34/game for CF and 1.92 for RF, and only 1.74 for LF. 

Davis Daniel took a no-hitter into the 7th inning until he allowed a single with 1 out. His line until then was:

6.1 IP  0 H  0 R  0 BB  7 SO  1 HBP (he was throwing a perfect game until he hit a batter with 2 outs in the 5th)

His previous start he only allowed 1 hit in 5 innings pitched.

Edited by rafibomb

Davis Daniel's day is over:

7.0 IP  1 H  0 BB  0 R  8 SO  94 pitches (68 strikes)

The fastball was sitting at 93 mph.

His last 2 starts he has allowed only 2 hits over 12.0 innings pitched with 16 strikeouts (4 walks his previous outing).

Season line is now:

30.2 IP  2.35 ERA  1.10 WHIP  41 SO

Edited by rafibomb