• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 hours ago, sportstr44 said:

That is a clean, textbook delivery.  Perfect balance, good weight transfer, tons of legs, great momentum, ideal reach, consistent arm slot and landing. Good hip turn to hide the ball a little too. 

Reminds me of Mark Prior back in the day. 

Edited by Second Base

38 minutes ago, Second Base said:

That is a clean, textbook delivery.  Perfect balance, good weight transfer, tons of legs, great momentum, ideal reach, consistent arm slot and landing. Good hip turn to hide the ball a little too. 

Reminds me of Mark Prior back in the day. 

Best part, his velocity isn't all the way back.

just throwing Connor Higgins out there again as a name to watch for a reliever that we could see soon.  Big lefty who touches the upper 90's.  In AA at 24.  Good start with 21k in 15ip and 7bb.  1.8 era.  I haven't actually seen him much but reports have him as a high velo guy we've been waiting for to get a little control.   Lots of swing and miss.  Walks coming down a shade.  Maybe.  Sort of.  Hopefully.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

just throwing Connor Higgins out there again as a name to watch for a reliever that we could see soon.  Big lefty who touches the upper 90's.  In AA at 24.  Good start with 21k in 15ip and 7bb.  1.8 era.  I haven't actually seen him much but reports have him as a high velo guy we've been waiting for to get a little control.   Lots of swing and miss.  Walks coming down a shade.  Maybe.  Sort of.  Hopefully.  

I need to switch my focus from Oliver Ortega to Higgins as a guy that can contribute in the major league pen soon.

But where to play him,? They won't dump Suzuki because he's Shohei's personal catcher. Ward is hitting pretty well, so they can't move Walsh to RF, and even if they could, they want Walsh to get comfortable as the regular first basemen. I suppose they could dump Lagares, move Ward to CF, play Walsh in RF, and Thaiss at 1B, and give Thaiss the occasional start at C, or have him move there in later in innings if the team is ahead. But then who is the 4OF? And is Ward adequate enough in center? I guess they could keep Lagares and demote Gosselin or Wong. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

But where to play him,? They won't dump Suzuki because he's Shohei's personal catcher. Ward is hitting pretty well, so they can't move Walsh to RF, and even if they could, they want Walsh to get comfortable as the regular first basemen. I suppose they could dump Lagares, move Ward to CF, play Walsh in RF, and Thaiss at 1B, and give Thaiss the occasional start at C, or have him move there in later in innings if the team is ahead. But then who is the 4OF? And is Ward adequate enough in center? I guess they could keep Lagares and demote Gosselin or Wong. 

demote Wong.  Ward in CF.  Lagares 4th OFer.  Thaiss at 1b.  Walsh in RF.  Probably not the best defense though.  

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Thaiss' numbers are just ridiculous: .340/.453/.701 with 8 HR. His 1.154 OPS is second highest in A+ or higher.

I believe if he were in the majors right now a lot of what he's doing would translate to the the majors. Like you said though, you really have to squint in order to find him at-bats. And by a lot would translate I mean something along the lines of .270/.340/.450

Edited by rafibomb

3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I believe if he were in the majors right now a lot of what he's doing would translate to the the majors. Like you said though, you really have to squint in order to find him at-bats. And by a lot would translate I mean something along the lines of .270/.340/.450

That's about what I expect, too.