• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

I posted he had work to do in the minors, that he wasn't ready now. But as soon as he is then trade Suzuki for whatever you can get.

Please name all of the catchers in the last 5 years that logged more than 75% of the games played. Stassi had one season where he caught 88 games. One. This won't be his second.

Right now Stassi is healthy and will catch 5 games a week. Stassi has been hitting well and is a very good defensive catcher. So why in the hell would you bring up someone who has only caught a couple weeks in minors to catch twice a week. Let him get experience in minors. Let's see how he does. Angels maybe just trying to improve his trade value before the July fire sale.

23 minutes ago, mmc said:

Sounds about right. He was grabbing at his shoulder after a swing and miss at his last game before being pulled. You can also assume that the shoulder was lingering and caused his struggles at the plate as well, the eye was there and actually exceptional (19% was his BB% for the season) but the bat wasn't.

Edited by rafibomb

Marsh dropping in the lastest top 100 is not a surpise. He's basically been unhealthy. 

Detmer's is a surpise, the up tick in stuff, should have guranteed a top 100 spot. Interesting enough, i was looking at his scouting report on fangraphs and noticed that they gave his Curve a 65 grade out of 80. 

I am also surpised that Paris did not make the top 100 either, a 19 years that is handling low A. Showing etlite speed and Patiences. 

Adams also fell because of the Injries. 

I fully expected Marsh and Adams to fall, But Detmers and Paris to rise or enter the top 100. Detmer's uptick in stuff make his ceiling that of a 2/3, while Paris, when compared to the top players in A and at his age, he's going toe-to-toe with them. 

While I think we, as Angels fans, should be excited about the play of Paris and Detmers, I can see why a national rag like BA would be more hesitant. Detmers has pitched all of 25 innings, and Paris 78 PA. To be honest, it is kind of silly updating the top 100 so soon...I can see around midseason.

Anyhow, if both Paris and Detmers keep it up all year, I think they'll be in the top 100 by year's end. Similarly with Adams. Of course by then, Adell and maybe Marsh will be off.

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

While I think we, as Angels fans, should be excited about the play of Paris and Detmers, I can see why a national rag like BA would be more hesitant. Detmers has pitched all of 25 innings, and Paris 78 PA. To be honest, it is kind of silly updating the top 100 so soon...I can see around midseason.

Anyhow, if both Paris and Detmers keep it up all year, I think they'll be in the top 100 by year's end. Similarly with Adams. Of course by then, Adell and maybe Marsh will be off.

This would be sound if not for the reality that some of the guys added to the top 100 are guys from the 21 international class that haven't played yet and Jasson Dominguez is sitting in the top 30.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

This would be sound if not for the reality that some of the guys added to the top 100 are guys from the 21 international class that haven't played yet and Jasson Dominguez is sitting in the top 30.

and the fact that Detmers was the 10th pick overall in 2020, added velo and has been performing well.  

58 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You're not factoring in the most important stat, zHYPE.

Edited by Angelsjunky

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

You're factoring in the most important stat, zHYPE.

isn't that what most prospect lists are?  It's just handicapping.  It's why you'll never see Walsh or even Calhoun types on a top 100.  All the pundits assume that major league teams know what they are doing to some degree and follow the consensus.  Which is why I think he's saying it's inconsistent that Adams and Detmers aren't on there.  I get the drops for Adell and Marsh.  Otherwise it seems like bias.  Maybe it's the fact that when you have 8 scouts it's less likely those 8 guys might have the time to talk to BA or fangraphs or whoever else because they're accumulating 60k airline miles and their phone is off most of the time.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

isn't that what most prospect lists are?  It's just handicapping.  It's why you'll never see Walsh or even Calhoun types on a top 100.  All the pundits assume that major league teams know what they are doing to some degree and follow the consensus.  Which is why I think he's saying it's inconsistent that Adams and Detmers aren't on there.  I get the drops for Adell and Marsh.  Otherwise it seems like bias.  Maybe it's the fact that when you have 8 scouts it's less likely those 8 guys might have the time to talk to BA or fangraphs or whoever else because they're accumulating 60k airline miles and their phone is off most of the time.  

Bias is always a factor, but every fanbase things everyone else is biased against their own team. I think it evens out, although agree that the bigger orgs generally receive more hype.

Anyhow, after reading about Elijah Green, I'm now hoping that the Angels somehow finish with the worst record in baseball.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Bias is always a factor, but every fanbase things everyone else is biased against their own team. I think it evens out, although agree that the bigger orgs generally receive more hype.

Anyhow, after reading about Elijah Green, I'm now hoping that the Angels somehow finish with the worst record in baseball.

if the bigger orgs get more hype then it doesn't even out.  I don't really care frankly.  It is what it is.  One team could get green and he's the next best player ever and another could get him and he'd be overhyped.  It's just dumb.  My point is that even the bias is inconsistent.  Which I guess is the nature of bias.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

if the bigger orgs get more hype then it doesn't even out.  I don't really care frankly.  It is what it is.  One team could get green and he's the next best player ever and another could get him and he'd be overhyped.  It's just dumb.  My point is that even the bias is inconsistent.  Which I guess is the nature of bias.  

I'm saying it evens out with all the other noise involved in such in inexact science. The lack of players like Walsh has less to do with bias, and more to do with scouting, preference of tools over other factors, and the indeterminacy of whether or not a prospect will pan out. It is very hard to scout the "x-factor," that quality that helps a player optimize their potential. Almost any scout would have been more impressed watching Chevy Clarke in high school than Jared Walsh at university. Actually, that's one of the things I love about baseball. There are no real Zion Williamsons, that you know are going to be superstars before they play a professional game. The translation from HS/college is far less certain than in other sports.

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see how BA ranked prospects by org, and how they turned out - and if there is any pattern that can be discerned with regards to hype. 

How many players, pitcher and Hitter, get drafted doesn't  mean play a  single inning that year, yet starts the following year in Double A, and not make the top 100? 

Regarding Paris, yes it's only been about 70 some Plate Apperance,and  I haven't seen the top 100 from BA, but looking at MLB top 100, there are players at a similar age, putting up similar numbers to Paris but are in the top 100.