• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And all the possible RPs currently playing for the Trash Pandas

You think any of those guys will reach the majors this year? Oh, wait, I keep thinking the Trash Pandas are A+. I'm still thinking of Midland, I mean Arkansas. But yeah, the second half could/should be the audition for 2022.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

You think any of those guys will reach the majors this year? Oh, wait, I keep thinking the Trash Pandas are A+. I'm still thinking of Midland, I mean Arkansas. But yeah, the second half could/should be the audition for 2022.

I think they have a couple guys who are showing themselves capable of getting guys out..   The question currently is how much of it is the long layoff and hitters being behind pitchers and how much of it is any real ability to make guys miss.  Also -- we have no idea what the park plays like yet, so -- there is a lot of data that will be iffy.

All that said... The best chance at seeing fast risers this year IMO will be on the mound.  Those 18 and 19 drafts were so pitcher heavy and a lot of guys taken in those years have barely thrown.

Anyway -- this will be an interesting group to watch performance wise.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&lg=6&stats=pit&qual=0&type=1&team=157&season=2021&seasonEnd=2021&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=19,1

66ers made 6 errors tonight.  I stuck around for four of em.

I thought Paris' defense was supposed to be ahead of his offense but it seems to be the other way around so far this year.   

Paris made two errors... booted another, but recovered.  He had a single, double, and triple. 5 triples so far is nuts.

He seems to make more contact than most... a la Fletcher...  from what I've seen. One of his outs tonight was a hard hit ball to the warning track in CF.  

21 minutes ago, ScottT said:

66ers made 6 errors tonight.  I stuck around for four of em.

I thought Paris' defense was supposed to be ahead of his offense but it seems to be the other way around so far this year.   

Paris made two errors... booted another, but recovered.  He had a single, double, and triple. 5 triples so far is nuts.

He seems to make more contact than most... a la Fletcher...  from what I've seen. One of his outs tonight was a hard hit ball to the warning track in CF.  

Would you from watching say it's field conditions and the typical lower level defensive issues or he's got stone hands/lacks instincts?

The field conditions in I.E. are pretty good. They put in a new scoreboard a couple years ago that is the largest in the Low A pacific league ballparks. 

What is weird is they flip flop from being the 66ers or Cucuys any given series. Not a fan of the neon greens.

Fooser_Cucuys2.jpg?format=2500w

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The field conditions in I.E. are pretty good. They put in a new scoreboard a couple years ago that is the largest in the Low A pacific league ballparks. 

What is weird is they flip flop from being the 66ers or Cucuys any given series. Not a fan of the neon greens.

Fooser_Cucuys2.jpg?format=2500w

I remember the field and lighting to be good, but its been a while and minor league park conditions always had a rep for being spotty.  Still curious if he's legit showing bad tools or just the usual lower minors type defensive lapses..  I remember seeing Simmons had 28 errors early in his minor league career.  I've never known how to gauge low minors error totals.  One of those areas where I'd rather hear peoples opinions than rely on the numbers.

I wouldn't really be to worried or concerned about Paris defense, with time and more practice it should improve.I am just really happy with the way he's hitting! if he maintains this level of production he could be on the fast track.

I would assume he finishes this year in A+, next with the potential to reach AA, and the following year the Majors.

anyone know what's up with Adam's? though he was going to be only out for 7-10 days, feels like its be longer.

9 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I wouldn't really be to worried or concerned about Paris defense, with time and more practice it should improve.I am just really happy with the way he's hitting! if he maintains this level of production he could be on the fast track.

I would assume he finishes this year in A+, next with the potential to reach AA, and the following year the Majors.

anyone know what's up with Adam's? though he was going to be only out for 7-10 days, feels like its be longer.

Do you feel the same way about Adell’s defense?  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Do you feel the same way about Adell’s defense?  

Here's the thing with Adell, he is at the point in his career where his defense should match up with his athleticism. He's had time and reps in the minor's where it should have improved. Yet, it hasn't he still sucks.  So, with the amount of reps, and time he has spend in the Out field he should be atleast above-average. 

With Paris, he's has only played 19 games in his career. He's get more reps, more practice and the HOPe is that by the time he reaches AA and AAA he improves. Which we haven't seen from Adell. 

I also think you got my last post out of Contexts, Personally coming into the season, I felt as if Paris hit tool was more of a concern, compared to his defense. Defense can come around with work and reps, offense can break or make a player. At this point, his offense is ahead of his defense, and I am happy about it! he has the potential to have a plus hit tool, and on the defensive end, i would assume with more reps, and if he puts work on that side, he should imporove by the time he gets closer to the main club.  

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Adams' timetable was kind of vague. It sounded to me like it was more like 2-3 weeks, as it sounded like at least 7-10 days but hopefully less than a month.

I may have missed something but I haven't seen Brandon Marsh in the lineup lately. Is he injured again?

I noticed after a hot start he's slumped quite a bit of late, slashing just .194/.359/.387 now. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I may have missed something but I haven't seen Brandon Marsh in the lineup lately. Is he injured again?

I noticed after a hot start he's slumped quite a bit of late, slashing just .194/.359/.387 now. 

I noticed the same he hasn't been in the lineup the last 2 games. Hopefully it's just a little some time off to get right.

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Packy Naughton’s day is over. He struck out the first 2 batters then allowed his first hit with 2 outs in the 7th:

Final line: 7.2 IP  0 R  1 H  1 BB  8 SO 

Naughton’s season ERA is down to 3.31 

Honestly I hope we see Naughton, Detmers and Rodriguez in the rotation, some of those fireballers in AA in the bullpen and Adell in LF, Marsh in RF, Fletcher to SS, Wong or Rengifo at 2B and Thaiss behind the plate by midseason.

Hoping the Angels are setup this way by August. 

Lineup

RF Marsh

DH Ohtani

CF Trout

3B Rendon

1B Walsh

LF Adell

C Thaiss

2B Wong

SS Fletcher

-

Rotation

Ohtani

Canning

Rodriguez

Detmers

Barria

Naughton or Sandoval

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Home run number 8 for Jo

Also I could be wrong but from the side-view it really looks like he quieted down his hands and load from the beginning of the season.

I came to post this exact thing about his hands on both of those swings.  It's much more slow and deliberate as opposed to that sling shot he was doing earlier in the year.   He saw 16 pitches in his four PA and only had one swinging strike.   Don't like hanging on every game, but that swing he had today was sweet and if he can make adjustments that quickly then I'm gonna need to ask @tdawg87 if I can borrow his bunk.  

@Inside Pitch

Are we crazy or did that just look way better in a really short period of time?  

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly I hope we see Naughton, Detmers and Rodriguez in the rotation, some of those fireballers in AA in the bullpen and Adell in LF, Marsh in RF, Fletcher to SS, Wong or Rengifo at 2B and Thaiss behind the plate by midseason.

Hoping the Angels are setup this way by August. 

Lineup

RF Marsh

DH Ohtani

CF Trout

3B Rendon

1B Walsh

LF Adell

C Thaiss

2B Wong

SS Fletcher

-

Rotation

Ohtani

Canning

Rodriguez

Detmers

Barria

Naughton or Sandoval

I like it and was going to post something similar, although focused on 2022 and with Rengifo at SS and Fletcher at 2B.

I think they're hoping for a Thaisstasstic platoon at catcher next year, and for that Adell-Trout-Marsh OF. The release of Pujols means they won't let a limp Upton block Adell and Marsh. 

If the Angels don't trade Iglesias he'll likely play out the rest of the year as the primary SS, but we might see guys like Rengifo and Wong get playing time. Nothing wong with a little platoon action in the middle infield.

I personally prefer Sandoval over Barria. I'd also like to see them give Suarez some more starts as I think he could surprise, or at least has higher upside (better stuff) than Barria. 

If the Angels convert Rodriguez back to SP, I don't think they'll do it until next year, or maybe give him a few starts late this year. On the other hand, him coming back from rehab could be a good time to stretch him out in AAA, so we'll see.

39 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Getting hard to not start kinda hoping they sell sooner rather than later, and start trotting out kids like you mentioned. Never know, if they gel they might have time to play us back into at least WC contention. 

I would rather lose with Barria, Sandoval, Rengifo et al than Bundy, Heaney, Iglesias, etc. if things don’t pick up in the next week or two. 

Teams like the Twins, Rangers, and Royals have a lot of comparable pieces to sell too. Might be able to beat them to the sellers market by putting guys on the block earlier in the season and pull a little more return too.

Edited by totdprods