• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry Minasian’s Front Office Hirings Thread

mmc

38 minutes ago, mmc said:

I was pretty surprised he left KC in the first place, so I'm not that surprised that he's going back.

It'd be nice to know the exact reasoning behind the decision. Did he not like being with the Angels or did he just get homesick and want to go back to the organization he'd been with? I could see either being the case. Obviously, it doesn't reflect well on the Angels if it's the former. (which is why I'd like to find out what the exact reasoning is)

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I was pretty surprised he left KC in the first place, so I'm not that surprised that he's going back.

It'd be nice to know the exact reasoning behind the decision. Did he not like being with the Angels or did he just get homesick and want to go back to the organization he'd been with? I could see either being the case. Obviously, it doesn't reflect well on the Angels if it's the former. (which is why I'd like to find out what the exact reasoning is)

Might just be as simple as a bigger job, better title, more money.  It will be interesting to see if they grow their scouting ranks once the season ends and guys become available.  This will be Minasian's first full offseason, we will get a better view of what direction the team will take (farm wise), this coming season. 

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Might just be as simple as a bigger job, better title, more money.

It could be that, though I imagine that's what the Angels gave him in order to poach him from KC last offseason. So maybe KC upped the job/title/money to be able to bring him back?

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It will be interesting to see if they grow their scouting ranks once the season ends and guys become available.  This will be Minasian's first full offseason, we will get a better view of what direction the team will take (farm wise), this coming season. 

Yeah. Plus, maybe Arte will allow him to increase the staff now that a full season's worth of revenue has come in.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

It could be that, though I imagine that's what the Angels gave him in order to poach him from KC last offseason. So maybe KC upped the job/title/money to be able to bring him back?

Yeah. Plus, maybe Arte will allow him to increase the staff now that a full season's worth of revenue has come in.

I think it was one of those grass isn't greener situations. 

His Twitter handle was something like Royalblue4Life or something.  I remember thinking it was odd he never changed it and thought it was even weirder that he would post Royals and Texas Longhorns stuff left and right and never anything Angels related.  Dude had deep roots in KC, I think he just wanted to go home.

Here's to hoping Perry has a replacement in mind.

37 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Might just be as simple as a bigger job, better title, more money.  It will be interesting to see if they grow their scouting ranks once the season ends and guys become available.  This will be Minasian's first full offseason, we will get a better view of what direction the team will take (farm wise), this coming season. 

my money is on mark texiera's wife wanting him to be closer to the midwest.

My biggest issue with Maddon is his horrible use of his pitchers. 

I’m giving Minassian a pass for now. It’s been one year and I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to have worked miracles right out of the gate. Year-ending injuries to two of the top players would be hard for any team to overcome. I’m glad he brought up Adell and Marsh and is letting them play. I’m glad he finally gave Albert the heave-ho plus some of the others through the year. Anxious to see how he builds this team over the winter.

I’m glad Artie wants so desperately to win but I think he gets in his own way too often.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

An amazing year? Yeah, I guess watching damn near the entire team go on the extended IL like the attrition in a teenage horror film "amazing", then it was great year for all of us.  

I read it as Gene having an amazing year working in the organization.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...