• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry Minasian’s Front Office Hirings Thread

mmc

29 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Procurement as in they're procuring amateur talent (draft and international signing)? Procurement as in acquiring minor league personnel from other teams? Or procurement as in signing and trading at the big leagues level?

Yes.

Probably.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Is Matt Swanson still in his role as Scouting Director? If so, what will his role be?

Minasian has hired several new people he worked with in Toronto and Atlanta. I don't know anything about any of them but it feels like Minasian is remaking the front office structure.

There's been nothing to suggest that Swanson's been let go or reassigned. So I'd assume he's still the Scouting Director.

Minasian had said a couple months ago that they wanted to put out a press release once everything was finalized, but they never have. Not sure what's up with that.

Regardless, we should find out in the next month or month in a half when the Angels Media Guide gets released.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

2 International signings announced today. Aren’t these normally a year or two in the works? Or did Parker come in and immediately grab some leftover talent? Either way nice to know they’re active in the market. 

You're absolutely right, most are agreed upon years in advance. And yes, I'm with you. It's good to see the Angels involved internationally. Eppler did a great job re-establishing that and it looks like Minasian will continue.

4 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

2 International signings announced today. Aren’t these normally a year or two in the works? Or did Parker come in and immediately grab some leftover talent? Either way nice to know they’re active in the market. 

The guys signed via "buscones" are typically long term relationships, yes.  Guys 17 or older are often ones who slipped through or got shafted when a team they were linked to ran out of bonus money. 

Not sure what the story is with the pitcher out of Venezuela but the Cuban catcher didn't defect until 2019, and it often takes 6 months to a year before they are able to establish residency elsewhere and thus be able to sign.  This guy left the island so he wasn't locked to the new arrangement with the Cuban Baseball Federation..so, it is likely a more recent development.

I jokingly made reference to Parker having snaked some reports on his way out but it's likely the team had been watching both guys -- the Angels under Eppler used every bit of their international signing bonuses every year he was GM, this appears to be more of the same.  Still, it's good to see them wanting to grow the department.... the more guys they bring in to help find talent, the better.

Just now, mmc said:

"Run our farm."  Okay, neat.  It does seem that the FO is coming together.  I wish the Angels' website had actually listed who we have in the FO and their roles, much like most other teams do.

Is there a list somewhere where we can find who is holding what position?

Here's his LinkedIn resume:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joey-prebynski-82661a23/

So - Rangers, Brewers, Cardinals pedigree.

It does seem Minasian is doing a fairly good job of plucking guys from multiple organizations.  Obviously he seems to be plucking more from ATL/TOR, where he has the deepest roots, but he's now signed guys from LAD, STL, KC, etc ..

I appreciate that he is getting different POVs.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

"Run our farm."  Okay, neat.  It does seem that the FO is coming together.  I wish the Angels' website had actually listed who we have in the FO and their roles, much like most other teams do.

Is there a list somewhere where we can find who is holding what position?

Same. I actually looked earlier this offseason and every single team but the Angels (all 29 other teams!) lists their front office personnel on the "front office executives" portion of the team website. The Angels only list Moreno, Carpino, Minasian, and a couple business side people.

I wonder why they don't list all their front office personnel while every other team does.

The only place I've seen it listed is in the media guide, which I don't believe is out yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this seems rather relevant and something a number of us have mentioned.  The FO hirings were always going to be, by far, the biggest moves we made this offseason.  It sounds like the new FO that has been put together is rather promising.  For the casual fan, it's hard to see the degree to which this makes an impact, but I imagine it's a rather significant difference.

18 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

So this seems rather relevant and something a number of us have mentioned.  The FO hirings were always going to be, by far, the biggest moves we made this offseason.  It sounds like the new FO that has been put together is rather promising.  For the casual fan, it's hard to see the degree to which this makes an impact, but I imagine it's a rather significant difference.

@Warfarin this should be its own thread. Can you create one? 

not sure if anyone would know this, but I'll just throw it out there: Is the Matt Spring listed in the Angels Media Guide as a Baseball Operations Analyst the same Matt Spring who has been a minor league coach with the Angels over the past few seasons?

I'd assume so since Matt Spring was not announced as a coach at any of the Angels minor league affiliates, but maybe there's another Matt Spring. After all, there are two Chad Tracy's: one who played in the majors for the Angels and one who is the Angels current MiLB Field Coordinator.

• 5 months later...