• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:
Sir mix-a-lot
8:56
How would you grade the Angels off-season?

Mark P
8:57
B or B-

Their team is better now than it was at the end of 2020, but I still question whether they have enough to make serious noise in the AL West.

i actually think that's generous, which is surprising.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

All reports are that he's holding out looking for term (4 years or more).  So if he's adamant about not backing down from this, probably not anytime soon.

If he doesn’t back down from a 4 year demand he effectively retired.  Springer, McCann and Realmuto, anyone else get 4+ years?

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I sincerely hope this is just a b.s. rumor.  From what I've heard, he's looking for a 4+ year deal.

I agree.... unless, we have something in the works to deal Adell for a top pitching prospect and the team goes with JBJ for RF with the plans of having Marsh become the CF of the future, Trout shifting to LF. 

Fowler becomes our 4th OF and clubhouse guy since he's on the cheap. 

Minasian has preached DEFENSE and Run Prevention, so who knows?

Probably fake news though and I just wasted 90 seconds of my time typing this. lol

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree.... unless, we have something in the works to deal Adell for a top pitching prospect and the team goes with JBJ for RF with the plans of having Marsh become the CF of the future, Trout shifting to LF. 

Fowler becomes our 4th OF and clubhouse guy since he's on the cheap. 

Minasian has preached DEFENSE and Run Prevention, so who knows?

Probably fake news though and I just wasted 90 seconds of my time typing this. lol

Even if they were dealing Adell for a great pitching prospect, I'd still want no part of Jackie Bradley.  He's a defense-first OF who's on the wrong side of 30, looking for a long-term deal, presumably at an AAV of more than he made last year ($11M).  I think that's a crazy amount for someone like him--especially if you're going to move him out of his regular position and move him to a position where defense isn't as important.

I do think the Angels could be a better team defensively with Bradley Jr in CF and Trout in RF, but I think it's too late at this point.

They already acquired Fowler and it'd be too late to allow Trout to acclimate and adjust to RF. Or, if they were to just move Bradley Jr to RF, it'd seem like a tough move for him to make this late in the offseason when he hasn't played a ton of RF and would be late to ST.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Does anyone think JBJ is getting 4 years?  If he gets 4 years he’s getting like $9 million a year. I’m guessing he will get 2 and $24, or 3 and $30.  

He probably won't get 4+, but that's what he's looking for. I still wouldn't want him at 2/24 or 3/30, to be honest.