• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

37 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If he repeats his 2020 I think he easily gets the same AAV or more.

Yeah, probably, but I was using McCullers Jr's contract as reference for an extension before reaching free agency.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, probably, but I was using McCullers Jr's contract as reference for an extension before reaching free agency.

Hmm, maybe... I'm not sure he gets that today, but I also don't think he'd sign for less. I don't expect them to reach a deal. Bundy has too much to gain from another good season.

Bundy is a tough one to project because unlike most pitchers who land mega-deals around his age, he isn't really banking on velocity or electric stuff. He's just a good pitcher with a mix of stuff, very good command, and durability. 

That probably pushes him closer to the guys like Odorizzi, Lynn, Gibson side of the spectrum. Some teams will worry about how that will age, if he loses velocity. Sort of like Dan Haren. On the other hand, you might not have to worry about him going through a big decline or reinvention because he isn't going to go from a 97+ guy to a 92+ guy like what happened to Weaver, Hernandez, Harvey.

Unless he wins a Cy Young this year, I think 5/$85m is probably the peak for his potential contract. 

I could see some team trying to pay a higher AAV and going for 3/4 years, or a team taking a risk and giving him something like 6/$100m. 

I think I'd try and get him for around 4/$64m. I'm not expecting him to be significantly better than last year. I think he'll take a step back actually, but still be really solid. He'd always had success against the AL West so last year wasn't a total surprise for me. Facing the rest of the league could sting him a bit.