• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Like if I'm Pujols? Why would I care? I am getting 30 million from him this year.

Be wise money isn’t everything.  I mean to you I guess it might be.  Just because you make a ton of money it doesn’t mean your employer should shit on you so some assholes on the internet feel justified. 

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Yup. The other stuff was bad enough and reason enough to lose his job, but his basically explicit admission that they're manipulating service time won't do his team any favors and adds credence to what we've all known for ages: The system is busted and is being exploited and needs to be fixed. 

16 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Yup. The other stuff was bad enough and reason enough to lose his job, but his basically explicit admission that they're manipulating service time won't do his team any favors and adds credence to what we've all known for ages: The system is busted and is being exploited and needs to be fixed. 

We need to fight like hell to keep our game

1 hour ago, mmc said:

With Clippard going the only relievers I give a damn about at this point are Alvarez, Robertson, and Greene.

So on the service time issue, what is the alternative? Let the player decide when he is ready? Let his agent decide it? 

I have little sympathy for the players. This is the system they wanted. They value free agency over everything - to the detriment of the young players and the ones who never make it to free agency.

There are so many ways all sides can be creative and can fix this “problem” and out more money in the young players’ pockets, but it will never happen as long as the union values free agency dollars over everything else. 

56 minutes ago, wopphil said:

So on the service time issue, what is the alternative? Let the player decide when he is ready? Let his agent decide it? 

I have little sympathy for the players. This is the system they wanted. They value free agency over everything - to the detriment of the young players and the ones who never make it to free agency.

There are so many ways all sides can be creative and can fix this “problem” and out more money in the young players’ pockets, but it will never happen as long as the union values free agency dollars over everything else. 

Have service time start as soon as they are drafted. You have say 6 years with a player, regardless if they are called up or not. After 6 years they are a free agent.

42 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

Have service time start as soon as they are drafted. You have say 6 years with a player, regardless if they are called up or not. After 6 years they are a free agent.

How long does it take fir the typical HS player to develop into a major league?  Doesnt it take 4-5 years?  So you are suggesting the Club has one or two years with a player before they hit FA?

6 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I am not going to watch the 46 min video but what was so wrong with the things he said? Don't we as fans appreciate someone being honest and not sugarcoating things? Don't we want to know exactly what our teams organization is doing? Don't we want the truth? Did he make racist comments? The things I've read that he said don't seem offensive and I applaud him for being transparent and telling it like it is.

Minasian admitted that Maddon heavily influenced the guys he brought in. Many of us speculated that Scioscia pretty much ran the team and was the GM but he didn't publicly say it I don't think. I like Minasians honesty.

Again, I did not watch the whole 46 min video but what was so terrible about what he said that would need for him to resign? Just the fact that he told the public about how the M's and MANY other teams conduct business??  Isn't that a good thing?

He must really want to win.

4 hours ago, Ender said:

I mean of course they know about manipulating service time, what GM doesn't? I was talking about the racist and other shit. 

Well, Martin made those exact claims about Dipoto and Scott Servais and it was revealed the team settled with her out of court when it was brought up during the Mathers presser.

4 hours ago, mmc said:

With Clippard going the only relievers I give a damn about at this point are Alvarez, Robertson, and Greene.

Yeah.

I feel like I'm missing something when I look at the relief group. I'm not very confident in it, yet the Angels seem to be.

I get that they may be maxed out on the budget, but it doesn't break the budget to sign guys to minor league deals. The fact that they've barely done that with FA relievers seems to show that they see something we don't.

18 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah.

I feel like I'm missing something when I look at the relief group. I'm not very confident in it, yet the Angels seem to be.

I get that they may be maxed out on the budget, but it doesn't break the budget to sign guys to minor league deals. The fact that they've barely done that with FA relievers seems to show that they see something we don't.

I would hope they do.  Otherwise the job would be pretty easy.  

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah.

I mean, that's why we don't get paid to make the rosters.

I was just looking at the names and they actually have a lot to choose from. It's not like they will have an elite bullpen, but I can see Slegers and Sandoval getting pushed out (like R Bollinger has). I think this is the best way to build a bullpen: bring in a bunch of guys with a lot of potential and keep the best. I am curious to see what Rivera and Reyes can do. 

Also around this time a lot of guys get DFA'd. This year there will be surprises because teams are being very cost conscious. I could see some big name guys get released or teams prefer adding a younger guy to the 40-man and looking to quickly trade a guy.