• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

I watched it. Maddon didn't say that. You're apparently projecting. 

Joe Maddon literally said yesterday, and I quote, "Did you want to put all your eggs in one basket? Did you want to attempt to fill the basket up a little bit more by not spending whatever you have for one particular pitcher? So these are things that Perry and I have been talking about."

28 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Joe Maddon literally said yesterday, and I quote, "Did you want to put all your eggs in one basket? Did you want to attempt to fill the basket up a little bit more by not spending whatever you have for one particular pitcher? So these are things that Perry and I have been talking about."

In other words, PM asked for his input. One input. Among many. Maddon didn't even offer a definitive judgment on the question. Literally all we learned is what should have already been obvious: They are weighing multiple approaches based on a finite amount of cash available in the budget for the season. We learned nothing we didn't know before. 

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its one thing to lose Cole to the yankees, or any other big money team like them. Gonna suck if 2 years in a row, we get worked up for a pitcher, and we lose put to the jays or mets.

I will be slightly disappointed, but not 1/10th as much as I was last December. Partly because I wanted Cole much more than I do Bauer, but mostly because Bauer is making no secret about what he is doing, i.e. getting these different fanbases worked up. 

(And also: F**k the Yankees.)

15 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

So what’s the hold up?

He must know where he wants to play by now. Is he hoping another team steps up? Is this Luba playing one last final hand in hopes of one of these three teams ups their offer?

I think they are more concerned with him winning the best baseball twatter competition. 

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

I will be slightly disappointed, but not 1/10th as much as I was last December. Partly because I wanted Cole much more than I do Bauer, but mostly because Bauer is making no secret about what he is doing, i.e. getting these different fanbases worked up. 

(And also: F**k the Yankees.)

Maybe it's just me but I totally prefer the way Bauer is doing it as opposed to Cole. Bauer is hyping up all the fan bases, talking each one of them up, but we know he could end up anywhere. Cole, I was certain would sign here, then on that last day he made it clear he was only ever going to sign with the Yankees.

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Maybe it's just me but I totally prefer the way Bauer is doing it as opposed to Cole. Bauer is hyping up all the fan bases, talking each one of them up, but we know he could end up anywhere. Cole, I was certain would sign here, then on that last day he made it clear he was only ever going to sign with the Yankees.

I'm inclined to agree but if I'm being honest, it's because the Angels didn't sign Cole. If they had, I would have had no problem with how Cole did things... 

40 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I guess thats something to talk about though, that weve actually made an offer.

Did we? I know Bowden implied it, but he didn't outright say it. 

It's possible Minasian operates differently than other GM's we've had so stuff like this gets out. 

That said, I'd be shocked and actually pissed if we haven't made an offer. We need pitching. The best pitcher on the market should be plan A, just like it was last year. If we lose (again), we move on to plan B, which is likely a trade. 

I just hope Arte doesn't do the thing.

47 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I think they are more concerned with him winning the best baseball twatter competition. 

This is really dumb.  He isn’t not going over his options because of this twitter bracket.  Besides it is his agents job to get him the deal and you have zero idea how many hours a day she is spending on working the phones for her client.  It’s the equivalent of being pissed when a struggling player is active on social media and people say, “well if he spent half the time in the cages as he does on instagram, he’d be a better hitter”, which is usually just stupid fan bullshit.  

35 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Did we? I know Bowden implied it, but he didn't outright say it. 

It's possible Minasian operates differently than other GM's we've had so stuff like this gets out. 

That said, I'd be shocked and actually pissed if we haven't made an offer. We need pitching. The best pitcher on the market should be plan A, just like it was last year. If we lose (again), we move on to plan B, which is likely a trade. 

I just hope Arte doesn't do the thing.

But does it kind of worry you that with Minasian not coming from teams with money to spend that he leans more towards trading and lower-tier guys? Angels are in a different $ category than the Braves were and I feel like this could become a weak side of Minasian.... If he has one. 

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is really dumb.  He isn’t not going over his options because of this twitter bracket.  Besides it is his agents job to get him the deal and you have zero idea how many hours a day she is spending on working the phones for her client.  It’s the equivalent of being pissed when a struggling player is active on social media and people say, “well if he spent half the time in the cages as he does on instagram, he’d be a better hitter”, which is usually just stupid fan bullshit.  

It's sarcasm.

And jealousy.

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

But does it kind of worry you that with Minasian not coming from teams with money to spend that he leans more towards trading and lower-tier guys? Angels are in a different $ category than the Braves were and I feel like this could become a weak side of Minasian.... If he has one. 

Not at all. In fact he's probably relieved to have some payroll room.