• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols in 2021

On 8/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, Dtwncbad said:

I would like to see Pujols sign a four year extension.  New contract 5 years/$38m.

$7.6m per year.

The Angels then release Pujols and just pay him his $38m over 5 years.

Pujols effectively makes 10% on his $30m “investment.”

Angels pick up $22.4m in cash flow flexibility next year.

I like this idea

Im probably in the minority here. But I say play him.

He sucks. But so does this whole team. If you could replace him with someone better, do it. But whatever we aquire by trade or money better be pitching.

Pujols isnt hurting us any more than a handful of other guys. And again, i know its unpopular, but IMO, he deserves to go out playing. Shitty angel, but one of the best ever.

Again, if we have better options use them.... i just dont see that happening over the winter.

I remember being hungover in my early twenties waking up to the Pujols signing. I was pretty excited about getting him when it happened and thought he would be a huge instant boost for the first half of the deal at the least. But I did also realize he probably wouldn't be good towards the end of it. Here we are 9 years later and the fat ass has posted one year of an OPS higher than .800 with us. One fucking year. 

Fuck Poo Holes.

8 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I remember being hungover in my early twenties waking up to the Pujols signing. I was pretty excited about getting him when it happened and thought he would be a huge instant boost for the first half of the deal at the least. But I did also realize he probably wouldn't be good towards the end of it. Here we are 9 years later and the fat ass has posted one year of an OPS higher than .800 with us. One fucking year. 

Fuck Poo Holes.

I was very excited to get Pujols with my eyes wide open that I should only be hoping for 5-6 really good years, prepared to deal with a few lousy years at the end.

I don’t hate Pujols personally.  He signed a deal offered to him and I think he has done the best he can.

But he is a grown up.  He has to understand the Angels owe him money and nothing else other than just being respectful (as the team should be to all players).

This is the point.  Not playing Pujols is absolutely not being disrespectful to him.  It is simply operating in the grown up world.

So I just don’t get, at all, the “we have to play him” angle.

He is terrible at this point.

And the argument that the team doesn’t have anyone better to play in his place is a really cheap cop out.  If anything, it is screaming out loud that the Angels are just failing as an organization to be competitive.

Go get someone better for Gods sake.

Arte being the only owner really high on Pujols goes to show just how much he really doesn't know about baseball or its players, he seemed to have completely disregarded his age and signed him like he were just about to begin his HoF career, when in fact it had just ended. 

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

Arte being the only owner really high on Pujols goes to show just how much he really doesn't know about baseball or its players, he seemed to have completely disregarded his age and signed him like he were just about to begin his HoF career, when in fact it had just ended. 

He turned down more money from another team, so more than one owner was really high on Albert. 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:02 AM, Dochalo said:

the cards aren't going to do shit until he's done.  there's no reason for them to cough up a red cent.  When it's time they'll swoon over him to tickle the rears of cards fans and Albert will rightly eat it up.  The Angels will end up a footnote and afterthought to the celebration of his HOF career with the cards.  The Angels will also make an attempt to celebrate his accomplishments as if they were somehow an accomplice yet they'll be cast aside on a national level as us fans continue to lament the signing and the lack of acknowledgement butt hurt ensues.  

i agree with everything you said except that very last part. all real angel fans know that albert's angel career has sucked sweaty balls. i don't believe that any of us are invested in his career milestones or his angel career.

my personal attitude is i'll be very happy when the angels move on from him. if the 10 year personal services contract never becomes a real marketing tool, then that will tell you ownership's opinion of his angel career.