• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels Tough 2020 Season: What are your reasons to continue watching?

Chuck

What do you say?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What keeps you watching games and engaged in Angels discussions?

• I haven't given up hope on a playoff berth
    • This is my team and I would rather watch and talk Angels baseball than have no season at all - despite the results!
    • I'm here for the Trout, Rendon & Fletcher show!
    • Staying in tuned to how our tradable assets perform ahead of the trade deadline!
    • I like watching & discussing the development of Ohtani, Adell, Sandoval, Canning and any other young players that are called up!
    • I stopped watching, I'm just here for the discussions!

1971-1977 was the worst.   No contention in any of those seasons, and other than Ryan and Tanana very few memorable games

Runnerup - 1990-2001 - only 3 seasons in contention (1995, 1997, 1998) and no post-season, stung coming after a 1978-1989 that included 7 contention seasons (1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, and 1989) and three post-season appearances (1979, 1982, and 1986).

Third - 2010-2020 - only one post-season appearance (2014) and just four seasons of contention (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015), stings coming after 2002-2009.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

I've barely watched but its moreso due to the NHL and NBA playoffs being on right now, if not for that I'd probably still watch consistently.  Mostly I just enjoy discussing on the site, and I'm looking forward to the trade deadline this year since no one truly knows what to expect from it.

23 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I've barely watched but its moreso due to the NHL and NBA playoffs being on right now, if not for that I'd probably still watch consistently.  Mostly I just enjoy discussing on the site, and I'm looking forward to the trade deadline this year since no one truly knows what to expect from it.

I need to get into hockey, I've been to a LV Knights game and it was a riot. I'm also getting a new hockey team up here in Seattle, so I may just jump on that bandwagon.

I absolutely hate the NBA though. I was a huge Lakers from in the late 70's and through the 80's - 90's but stopped watching after the lockout in the late 90's or early 2000's, whenever that was. 

But I'm with you. I typically get most of my excitement discussing the trade deadline, offseason winter meetings and watching the development through the minor leagues of our prospects. It sucks that the latter has been canceled this year. 

I watch the games, but I have a quick trigger on switching over to something else if the team isn't showing any life or if the pitching staff pulls their pants down and bends over. Which is nearly every time the BP comes in. Thanks, Eppy! 

Because I like baseball..  I prefer watching baseball, Angels, whatever over all the same tired bullshit. 

If I had to choose between watching the Angels go on a 20 game losing streak or listening to people bitch about Orange man, Obama, masks, covid, my happy ass will watch baseball for 3.5 hours and then go for a run when it's over.

The only thing I hate about this season so far is that there is no minor leagues to follow.   I never realized how much I enjoy those games.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Because I like baseball..  I prefer watching baseball, Angels, whatever over all the same tired bullshit. 

If I had to choose between watching the Angels go on a 20 game losing streak or listening to people bitch about Orange Man, Obama, masks, covid, my happy ass will watch baseball for 3.5 hours and then go for a run when it's over.

The only thing I hate about this season so far is that there is no minor leagues to follow.   I never realized how much I enjoy those games.

Same here.

Except for the run. I'm incredibly lazy these days. 

13 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Honestly my fandom has been slowly dissipating over the last few years. Call me a fairweather fan, I don't care. This organization just isn't fun to follow anymore.

Hopefully they'll start showing some promise soon because it seems we're just circling the drain.

You are not alone 

1.) I'd rather have Angels baseball (even if its terrible right now) than no baseball. I survived the late 80's and early 90's as an Angels fan I can survive this (Unless the Rona gets me)

2.) It's still fun watching Fletch, Trout, Rendon, and I want to see Adell progress

3.) I love baseball

At this point it really is just like a baseball test lab to me. If we're gonna be terrible we might as well give our young guys every opportunity to succeed or fail and see who should be a part of this team long-term. That's it. Oh, and Trout.

So I am an Angel fan first then a baseball fan.  It hasn’t always been this way, I used to love baseball 24/7, but the game has changed and not really for the better.  

Like many my simple answer is I would rather watch bad baseball than no baseball.  

This place turned me from a fan to a fanatic.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

If I had to choose between watching the Angels go on a 20 game losing streak or listening to people bitch about Orange man, Obama, masks, covid, my happy ass will watch baseball for 3.5 hours and then go for a run when it's over.

100% @Inside Pitch

Especially the last part. I would hit refresh on each of the minor league games open in their own separate tabs, while watching the Angels games on tv throughout the years. 

This is a sad omission from this season. 😪