• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We Suck!

Just thinking about the fact that we have to win NINE straight games just to be over .500, which is a game away from being a 1/6th of the season really puts into perspective for me the hole we have to climb out of.  Is honestly realistically doable for the group we have right now?  

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the trade market is going to be really soft this year. I don't think we get much for anyone.

We are in a really bad position as far as trades go. It’s not like we’re missing that one piece to get us over the top. Ohtani with his now questionable two way player situation can’t be moved. Injury prone Simmons trade value has dropped. Adell could be moved but for what, other prospects? He certainly isn’t going to bring back a 1-2 quality starting pitcher. Maybe we should’ve dangled Adell for Betts two years ago. We have Bundy but we kinda need him. Meanwhile Upton and Pujols are aging and will tie up over $50M next season with little return. Building around Trout is starting to look like a daunting task. 

I tend to agree with you, ALFan, about the trade market.  Then again, who knows.  Maybe teams will go for it with this weird setup and easy way to get into playoffs.  Plus less teams selling because more are still within range to not be sellers.   It’s a very interesting thing to think about.  We might be better continuing to suck and be one of the small amount of sellers. It’s obvious that We’re not close to being a team that can win a couple playoff series as currently constructed.  

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Partly true, they still have to have the right org developing them to maximize potential.

#1 overall picks aren’t a guarantee.  See Brien Taylor, Danny Goodwin, Matt Bush, and Brady Aiken.

Not even #1 picks. Look at the last 10 first rounds. Most players fail....which makes our hit on Trout that much more phenomenal.

My post is more that someone said we suck and someone said clean house, or get a top draft pick. That isn't an easy answer. Saying get a good draft pick is not the answer or makes rational sense, since most end up failing because most don't work out.

Is the farm important? Sure. But it's not guaranteed and the MLB draft isn't like the NBA or NFL as far as having an idea if someone's success. MLB sends them to play in the minors for a few years.....some succeed, most don't.